Trainers. Horse and rider. Midlands

TrasaM

Visit site
I'm hoping that someone can recommend a trainer who will come to the yard and do a training session with both owners and riders.
I need someone who is bit too 'alternative' but who will train both riders and owners about how to lead correctly and do the basics of ground work.
I'm hoping that once the weather improves and the ground dries that it'll be possible to do this in the field although there are plans to build a school..not holding my breath here :(
However if I can find someone who can do this I can then work on getting YO to agree if we all contribute to the cost.

The situation is as follows; private yard with 6 horses and 3 owners. The YO owns 4 horses and myself and two others ride 3 of the horses for her. This means that inconsistencies in riding and handling has allowed more than a few bad habits to sneak in. For instance I lead all the horses on a loose rein but owner will insist that they have to have the lead rope looped around the nose in case they take off. I personally hate this practice!
My concern is that unless something changes soon there will be an accident..there was one recent near miss when poorly schooled youngster bolted on a hack.

Farcical1

Visit site
I second Garry Bosworth. Lovely chap, very quiet and sympathetic. He's an Intelligent Horsemanship RA, (MontyRoberts, Kelly Marks).

TrasaM

Visit site
I second Garry Bosworth. Lovely chap, very quiet and sympathetic. He's an Intelligent Horsemanship RA, (MontyRoberts, Kelly Marks).

Thank you both. I've just emailed him and he sounds really interesting and exactly what I'm after from the info on his website. If I can get this organised properly we could have quite a big group attending and to spread the cost. Fingers crossed.

Visit site
Not sure where in the Midlands you are, but perhaps also Mickey Gavin. His website gives his contact details. He is based near to Mansfield but travels a wide distance. He was a great help to me with all sorts of issues I had with my horse. Good luck!

TrasaM

Visit site
Not sure where in the Midlands you are, but perhaps also Mickey Gavin. His website gives his contact details. He is based near to Mansfield but travels a wide distance. He was a great help to me with all sorts of issues I had with my horse. Good luck!

Near loughborough so Mansfield isn't that far. I've sent him an email to get costs and explained the issues I'm having. Thank you xx