Trainers to source ex racer from?

fredflop

Visit site
I’m potentially looking for a new ex-racer. Has anyone got any suggestions of decent trainers to approach to see if they have anything suitable?

Leo Walker

Visit site
Where are you based? My uncle is a trainer and obviously knows the local trainers etc but it not going to be much use if you are the other end of the country

Visit site
It depends where in the country you are and what you are looking for specifically! We currently have 3 looking for new homes up here in Scotland. But that's no use if you are on the south coast or in Wales lol!

Look on Directory Of The Turf to find trainers in your area, drop them an email giving your specifications and ask if they have anything suitable just now or coming up. They might, they might not, no harm in asking and all they can do is say no. If one does come up that is suitable you might get first dibs on it if you were still looking. We often get people randomly messaging asking what we have at the time.

Velcrobum

Visit site
Also look on the ROR website, that is where I got my boy from direct from the trainer. That particular yard has one that was too slow BUT it had a tendon injury back in the summer so needs rehabbing.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
The guy who runs the yard I work at often has and is happy to get enquires. If there’s nothing at the time they will keep names and numbers incase.
I think most yards are happy of possible homes