Training aids poll

Do a combination of both

• Total voters

beh

Visit site
running martingale, breast plate, what do you mean a added lunge rein???????
i live in Suffolk!!!!!!
i think that some training aids can be used in jumping
i think people rely on them too much sometimesif they are novice owners/riders .
and some a WAY over priced me thinks
laugh.gif

JessPickle

Visit site
Running Martingale Breastplate combination but I dont use the martingale when jumping just the breast plate part
I live in sussex (you didnt exactly cover many countys did you!)
I think some people rely on them but many people just use them when needed
Way over priced

MillionDollar

Visit site
I also use a harbridge it has done absolute wonders for a pony i have. When i got her she just could not jump, she jumped with all 4s. Now after lunging her in a harbridge shes got a fantastic jump.

sunny123

Visit site
Use a breastplate on everything for fast work and jumping. Is it a training aid? Sisters pony has a running martingale.

I live in Devon.

Was abit of a pleb and said no for jumping, i forgat about running martingales etc so please dont count that!

I think some people do rely on them too much and they are over priced. But maybe if the price was lower even more people would use them when they dont need them so maybe not a bad thing.

Frazer

Visit site
I use running martingale, breastplate, Market Harborough, Pessoa and draw reins! Obviously not all at once! And only in the correct way, and for short lengeths of times. Always jump in a martingale and breastplate. From south east, yes we rely well to heavily on them for short term fixes. Some can be expensive, but you can pick them up so cheaply nowadays.

Irishcobs

Visit site
Running martingale for hunter trials and hunting.
Standing martingale for riding and leading, ridden horse tries to eat lead horse other wise.
Breastplate for fast work and jumping (is it a training aid?)
Running reins occasionally when schooling (flat) and lunging
I think some can be good for jumping
I live in Somerset.
I think some people use them for fashion rather than the horse needing them.
I don't think they are over priced, you get what you pay for.

RunToEarth

Visit site
Running martingale, draw reins, bungie reins and breastplate. Think they are over used, too widely promoted, many people think- my horse isnt perfect, lets hinder it in gadgets. Use running Ms for jumping, never used anything else for jumping though. I live in Yorkshire.

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Surrey - Pessoa, Chambon and not forgetting Bungie (not on list thou). I said yes to added lunge line, because I long rein (hope thats what you ment).

Helenabbey

Visit site
I use a standing martingale on both of mine, for the youngster cos he is green and when he sees something new i don't want his head going up so far he is beyond control, which is unsafe and I use one on my old pony as occasionally when jumping he gets excited and i don't want my nose all over my face. I am aware that people don't like standing martingales, but the way I use them is so that they don't come into play until the head is uncontrollably high, so they simply a safety measure. I find most of the people who look at me funny for using them are often people with running martingales fitted so loosely that they are useless.

helenandshadow

Visit site
I use a running martingale, a breastplate (that isn't a training aid is it?) and also a harbridge and side reins
I live in East Sussex.
No (except a running martingale and a breastplate)
Yes
Yes

Malibu

Visit site
ya ia gree with MSDM , a breatplate is not a training aid but a gadget to prevent the saddle slipping back.

I use a pessoa, chambon, running martingale and also a breatplate if included as training aid.

When i go to my training i do not use anything other than bridle and saddle, boots etc but i use breatsplate and martingale for sj or xc and chambon and pessoa for lunge as well as using chambon for riding

Chex

Visit site
I don't use anything. I don't class breastplates or martingales as training aids though, they tend to be used all the time, rather than to improve in a certain area. I use a breastplate for xc, not keen on any of the others, but then I don't train, I just ride lol. I'm in SE Scotland.

kirstyfk

Visit site
I try to get away with using as little as possible However I will use a running martingale for jumping if needed. Plus a breastplate for any kind of fast work. I lunge with side reins and very rarely I will school with them or draw reins.

Hopefully the over pricing of such gadgets means less people use them.

the watcher

Visit site
I use the pessoa, or something similar, for lunging. Rarely use any kind of martingale but do have a breastplate on for hacking and schooling/jumping. Live in Oxfordshire, I think you get what you pay for in terms of quality and suspect that some horses might be wearing too much rigging in the name of fashion but that may be because I am a 'less is more' kind of purist.