transfer of ownership

ponies4ever

Visit site
ok this is probably done to death buuuut...

Ive had my mare for nearly a year now and i still haven't got round to changing ownership. What do i do???? Do i have to send off the form with the date i actually got her or do i have to make it in the last 30 days? also the dealers i got her from didn't change the name in her passport and i don't know if that is an issue? She's with LHI. Has anyone had experience with this? I don't want to get in trouble eek!
TIA x

Deltaflyer

Visit site
Can't offer advice but I'll be interested to see what people say regarding this as I'm in a similar situation. Mine has an Irish Passport.

Ponies1234

Visit site
We only changed one for our mare we've had nearly 3 years! Just filled in the form date we got her sent off and was back shortly we didn't have old owner to sign the form either but all was ok

Firefly9410

Visit site
When I bought my horse the old owner had not updated the ownership details. I updated the passport after six months of ownership and they insisted on having details of the previous owner but did not add them to the passport. I think if I had instead ticked the box that said I had bought from the last person listed in the passport they would have been none the wiser.

Shay

Visit site
It is seldom a problem - which is one of the many reasons why horse passports are not the panacea they were thought to be. but I would suggest changing it now as the UK only has a few months to go before the deadline from the EU to have a national horse database. We all know how well that will work - but you might be better off getting this sorted now rather than in any flurry of activity afterward.

Deltic Blue

Visit site
I've yet to change my mares too, and she is registered with 2 societies :( So 2 lots of charges when I do eventually get round to doing it.

I'm also in the predicament as she was bought from a dealer, they didn't put their name in the passport and they need a signature of the last person in the passport, which I obviously don't have.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
We had a right problem when we realised that we hadn't changed ownership of one of our horses on the passport. The horse was French & the passport hadn't got a page for changes of ownership. We had to get our vet to write a letter to the French authorities saying he'd examined the horse & checked the microchip & confirmed the horse was the same as on the passport. Of course that cost money for the letter. We then sent the passport off to France along with a fee of around £120 to eventually get a replacement passport, now with owner details pages that weren't in the original. The whole thing cost around £150+. It would have been far cheaper to have said we'd lost the passport & ordered up another from Horse Passport Agency or similar. We did it the right way & it cost treble the amount!

MagicMelon

Visit site
I'm dealing with this right now and worse, I've lost the passport! So I'm trying to do a transfer of ownership AND request a replacement. Thankfully the original owner has helped a lot and spoke to the society on the phone about it and I sent all the paperwork off (with the date that I took her on since that was already on it) and then included a letter with it all apologising for being so late with it!

popsdosh

Visit site
We had a right problem when we realised that we hadn't changed ownership of one of our horses on the passport. The horse was French & the passport hadn't got a page for changes of ownership. We had to get our vet to write a letter to the French authorities saying he'd examined the horse & checked the microchip & confirmed the horse was the same as on the passport. Of course that cost money for the letter. We then sent the passport off to France along with a fee of around £120 to eventually get a replacement passport, now with owner details pages that weren't in the original. The whole thing cost around £150+. It would have been far cheaper to have said we'd lost the passport & ordered up another from Horse Passport Agency or similar. We did it the right way & it cost treble the amount!

You legally cant do that . The BEF in uk will deal with foreign passports and changee owners details if you contact them.

Goldenstar

Visit site
You used to be able to get the AES to over stamp European passports .
I had one done about eight years ago not sure about now .