transport for one horse from ilph blackpool to NE

moon_drop

Visit site
Well we are going to see a horse at ILPH penny farm blackpool at the start of januray, and if all goes well we will need to get him up here, Moray in the north of scotland.
I have phoned gillie's and got a quote for 285.50 they said that they would pick him up and he would stay over in kelso for the night and would be up here the next morning.

Do you think that this price is about right? or should I phone around?
I know that gillies are one of the best in scotland.
The other thing is he is 18.1hh
shocked.gif
and an ex-police horse so do you thing he will travel allright ?
all advice welcome on traveling such a big horse!! thanks

foraday

Visit site
Try www.findhorsetransport.com

Also check your transporters DEFRA licence after 5th January as the laws change. YOu will be looking for a TYPE 2 Licence for long distance, and there will be a certificate for the lorry to say it has been inspected.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
An ex-police horseshould travel well. They are extensively travelled while working for the police, being taken all over the country to football matches, demonstrations etc. You should have no problem there.
smile.gif

moon_drop

Visit site
thank you will go and have a look. will check with gillie's have everything they should, would think that they would as the are one of the leading transporter in scotland and have been at it for 25yrs!!!!

WelshRareBit

Visit site
No no dont know him, just was looking at the site a few days ago and noticed fulwood! good luck with transport try peanut equestrian they are meant to be good too xxx