transport in wirral

perenzo

Visit site
Has anybody got any details of horse transporters in this area as i need to move my horse from the wirral to preston

Thanks

Tufty

Visit site
equus horse transport 07980 297484 in Warrington I have never used them but I know people who have. Did you say that you knew an honest dealer in cheshire could you please let me have their name and phone number

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
Hawkshaw Horse Transporters are excellent. I've used them a few times and was very happy with the service.

I'd also recommend getting quotes through:
http://www.horsetransportsearch.com/quote.html

You should get a few quotes back from various transporters. I used Dan Hudson International Horse Transporters through this site and they were outstanding and extremely good value.

Nice to see another Prestonian on this forum
smile.gif

Lozz1uk

Visit site
I've used both. Equus is an equitrek trailer where they travel backwards - my horse loves it.
Hawkshaws took us to the beach on friday and they too were brilliant - it's a big 4 horse box.

If your horse travels or loads badly i'd recommend using Equus as the guy is brilliant at loading, incredibly patient and really helpful (even after my mare reared, kicked him in the chest and ran off!).

foraday

Visit site
try www.findhorsetransport.com

The Legal Requirements

1 Operators Licence-either green (international) or blue (national only) discs usually displayed above the road fund licence. The discs have the operators licence number, expiry date, registration number of the lorry and the transporters company. You can check the validity of the licence number on www.vosa.gov.uk

2 DEFRA Licence-this is a licence given by DEFRA to show that we are competent at transporting horses. These licences will change on 5th January 2007 and you will be able to check the authenticity of the licences much easier, but for now you can check with your local DEFRA office www.defra.gov.uk

3 Hire and Reward Insurance-this is just a standard insurance required to transport for money-just like a taxi company has to insure for business use in case of an accident. This insures the lorry only and any third party vehicle-nothing else!!

4 Employers Liability Insurance-just as a shop has to have this so does a lorry. It insures you when you step on the lorry, any of your staff that travel with the horse etc.

5 Public Liability Insurance-this insures all equipment that you place on the lorry-such as tack, rugs, etc.

6 Care, Custody and Control Insurance-this insures horses on the lorry whilst in the care of the transporter.

CHECK WITH YOUR TRANSPORTER THAT THEY HAVE ALL 6 LEGAL REQUIREMENTS

ALL OF THESE DOCUMENTS MUST BY LAW BE CARRIED ON THE LORRY FOR CHECKING BY THE AUTHORITIES. A LEGAL TRANSPORTER WILL BE HAPPY TO SHOW YOU THESE DOCUMENTS.

YOU AND YOUR HORSE ARE AT RISK IF ANY ONE OF THE ABOVE ARE MISSING!

DO NOT USE THE TRANSPORTER!

Foxford

Visit site
Ohh, you're escaping from the strange penninsula?! Just moved here - it's horse city! Have you tried wirralhorse.com?