Transporting horses

Jadeebabyboo

Visit site
Please could someone run through exactly what i would need for transporting horses, whether that be for a job, or for myself when i take my own horses competing and other peoples horses competing.

Apparently i need to do a DEFRA test. for the transportation of horses, I was told about this a few years ago, but completely rusty on anything about it.

I know i need to take my cpc. I have done my class 2.

and i need to take a Defra aviation awareness course as well for none equine class 2 driving jobs.

anything else i should know??
This is killing me, all i want is a job, but it looks like i have to spend A LOT of money just to do more tests!!!!

ROG

Visit site
Please could someone run through exactly what i would need for transporting horses, whether that be for a job, or for myself when i take my own horses competing and other peoples horses competing.

Apparently i need to do a DEFRA test. for the transportation of horses, I was told about this a few years ago, but completely rusty on anything about it.

I know i need to take my cpc. I have done my class 2.

and i need to take a Defra aviation awareness course as well for none equine class 2 driving jobs.

anything else i should know??
This is killing me, all i want is a job, but it looks like i have to spend A LOT of money just to do more tests!!!!
Will you be transporting horses as a commercial enterprise/business/for profit?

Jadeebabyboo

Visit site
i am looking to do driving jobs, to make use of my hgv (class 2) licence.

so i was looking down the horse transportation route, and also the non livestock route, of normal lorry driving.

but i also drive my lorry with my horses and owners horses to shows.

ROG

Visit site
i am looking to do driving jobs, to make use of my hgv (class 2) licence.

so i was looking down the horse transportation route, and also the non livestock route, of normal lorry driving.

but i also drive my lorry with my horses and owners horses to shows.
If for a business then there are many rules and regs to follow

When driving a LGV over 7.5 tonnes privately you will still come under EU driver regs but you probably knew that already

This link might be useful
http://www.trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=4
and this one
http://www.trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29527&hilit=horses+livestock#p307748

foraday

Visit site
You will need:-

Operators Licence should your vehicle be above 3.5 tonnes

DEFRA Licence

DEFRA Advanced Certificate of Equine Transport

The lorry must also be inspected by one of DEFRA's companies to show that it meets all the specifications for allowing horses to travel according to the Welfare During Transit Order 2006

Once you have all of these then you will need:

Employers, public and care, custody and control insurances for your vehicles

Your normal HGV driver cpc needs to be taken by 2014 but this is nothing to do with the horse side just the EU drivers side.

Good luck

ROG

Visit site
Your normal HGV driver cpc needs to be taken by 2014 but this is nothing to do with the horse side just the EU drivers side.
Depends if he has dcpc aquired rights because if not then the initial dcpc modules 2 & 4 will need passing before going onto the periodic dcpc