Travel boot recommendations

McFluff

Visit site
Hi - looking for some recommendations for travel boots. Looking for some for my cob mare - she is only 14hh (on her tip toes) and her legs are clipped out. Her travel rug is brown, so my inner matchy matchy would prefer brown boots (chocolate brown) - but safety and function have to take priority. I like the look of the Le Mieux ones, but any others that I may have missed and worth a look?

Luci07

Visit site
I like the Mark Todd ones and they certainly seem to go on forever. However, this time round I bought the Rambo Grand Prix as they offered more protection and the horse at the time was a dick to travel!

acorn92x

Visit site
I use Snuggy Hoods leg wraps. I HATE conventional travel boots, they seem so bulky and clunky when they are on. A friend was selling a lovely Rambo pair which I tried on my girl but she went absolutely bananas when I put them on and she tried to walk. The Snuggy Hoods wraps are the only things that she really seems to accept and they provide more than adequate protection imo as she's a quiet traveler. Might not be so good for something which doesn't travel quite so well though!

McFluff

Visit site
Great, thank you for the ideas. Off to have a look at these options. I don't know what she'll be like to travel - about to start her training... But she is generally quite sensible and seems to have a reasonable level of self preservation (fingers crossed as I write this!).

atlantis

equinetouchjo.wordpress.com
I had mark Todd travel boots on my cob. Whilst they are really lovely boots they are quite stiff I had to get full to go round his legs and they were too long so I had to fold them back so they didn't run above his hocks. I have shires ones now and they are lovely and soft on my 14.2 Connemara. I don't think they'll last as long but the Velcro is good and as they're cheaper I can it two sets for the cost of one mt set.

marmalade88

Visit site
I've got the weatherbeeta ones which seem to be holding up fairly well, I've only had them 6 months but they are they're still in good condition.

XxCoriexX

Visit site
I found that my mare actually travelled pretty badly when I first got her, so I changed a few things. One was her travel boots! She now travels in the premier equine magnet boots and seems to prefer it as she stands steady now rather than falling all over the place! they provide a lot of protection as well

Shavings

Visit site
i have the horse wear Ireland one has they had an extra little strap towards the bottom so they fitted my lads legs better, i have them in navy but they do make them in chocolate (brown)

gryff

Visit site
I've got the Rambo ones that coordinate with rhe Newmarket range of fleeces. They're absolutely gorgeous- soft and fluffy inside and quite neat, not too bulky.