Travel Mirrors?

clipclop

Visit site
Reading the post below regarding stable mirrors has reminded me to ask you guys a question?

I read recently that mirrors whilst travelling are very useful for a variety of problems.

Has anyone here got mirrors installed inside their trailers/boxes?

What I have in mind is,,,,If the stable mirror stops a horse get anxious within a stable will it help a horse who gets anxious at shows whilst standing in a trailer on his own? I am sure it can not hurt to try it out but am interested in anyone's experiences?

Thank you
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

clipclop

Visit site
Well I was considering above the jockey door so he thinks he has a neighbour?

It might mean I cover up the side window but we all know looking out the side window makes us travel sick
tongue.gif

BTW my trailer is an Ifor Williams in case you are trying to visualise it.
smile.gif

nomini

Visit site
While I have been researching stable mirrors, a lot of the sites also sell travel mirrors to reduce the anxiety, it's definately worth a try if your horse gets anxious in the lorry/trailer
smile.gif

clipclop

Visit site
He gets most anxious about being on his own. He is fine once I am riding him but he is a fuss arse whilst waiting around etc.
As you say it is most certainly worth a try
grin.gif

SusanFlynn

Visit site
<font color="red"> I HAVE ONE IN MY TRAILER </font> (as well as in my stable)

I said this in the stable mirror thread.

I put one on the jockey door, and all I can say is since he had it he shouts less. He used to shout a bit as we went along.
I know he travels well in that he is stable and eats all the time as I also have CCTV in it.

I did if because I felt it was better for him to feel as comfortable as possible and poiss think he had a companion with him.

I actually bought acrylic mirrors and the one on the door is one of them cut in half and kept in place with duct tape.Also useful for me at shows as I can check my own appearance.

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
I have two in my stable and one in my lorry!!! My mare has stopped stamping when left on her own, since I put the mirror in the lorry. Mine just sits in the luton.

clipclop

Visit site
Wow, thanks for that!
I think you have confirmed that I do need a mirror.
Bugger, I think it is a bit late to add it to my Christmas list
tongue.gif