travel protection

smear jam all over your face and generally make people think you're weird, or throw smelly food at s

• Total voters

parsley

Visit site
Now I am mobile I have been looking at travel boots. How many people still bandage - I remember they always used to got with a couple of layers of cotton wool and stable bandages?

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
On my big girls I use boots because they're so much quicker and easier to put on and take off and bandages on my youngster because she's still growing and I'm not shelling out on boots which we'll use twice before she grows out of them.

RachelB

Visit site
Both.
Mine doesn't like hind boots (kicks out, won't walk, generally difficult) so I put boots on in front and long bandages behind. My friend does this with her fussy mare as well. If Maiden didn't mind boots, she'd have them over bandages as they're so much more convenient, and tougher than bandages. I don't mind bandages though really. I just use a fibergee pad and a stable bandage. I have the Shires boots, but only because they came with my horse, I would have bought the Derby House ones as I've heard good things about them.

Irishcobs

Visit site
Hattie is bandaged as I can't get travel boots big enough for her tree trunks. I made my own under pads from old duvet. Gypsy wears boots.

Fiona

Visit site
Boots because they are easy and quick to take off and put on. Also can get in price range from cheap to expensive so plenty of choice.
I have cheap weatherbeeta ones for youngster which are v good, own brand ones for big mare which have withstood lots of abuse, and old, old polypad ones for welshie that are over 15 years old and just tiny bit frayed around the bottom.
FIona

pocket

Visit site
Poly pad travel boots every time, have used them for years. They are easy to put on and wash up a treat
wink.gif

rforsyth1984

Visit site
I use quilty things and bandages too! Sian has long skinny legs, and boots always slip on him. Hes a nervous loader anyway, so bandages are much more secure and one less thing for him to worry about. Untill I got the hang of bandaging though, it was just brushing boots and over-reach boots.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I do not travel my horses with any boots unless travelling for over 30 mins. None of my horses are bad travellers and I have never had any problems. Long distance I put boots on and on way back from eventing I bandage but this is for support after xc. I always have a tail bandage on but that is 50% travelling and 50% aesthics for a pulled tail.

Theresa_F

Visit site
As a rule with my hairies I don't use boots but they rarely go far and load and travel well.

On occasion I have used stable leg wraps. I do have a set of poly pad travel boots gathering dust which I used on my skinny legs TB mares.

Fleur hated boots so she travelled with brushing boots and over reach boots all round as she was a walking accident.

sojeph

Visit site
Mine travelled 200 + miles with nothing at all when we relocated from Surrey to Devon. All totally fine. I never use anything unless we're showing the pony and then I'll bandage her legs and tail to keep them clean. Mind you mine are all unshod and pretty good travellers.