Travelling with no partition in trailer...

Broodle

Visit site
... Where do you tie the haynet?!

I know this seems a daft question, but I can't fathom how to tie a haynet in an ifor Williams 506 with partition removed, in such a way that a cross-tied small horse could reach it.

Am I being dim? Any help would be gratefully received, as I'm hoping to take my partition out so I can tack up on board.

Thank you in advance! :)

Broodle

Visit site
Sorry I can't get the link to work but if you google Ifor Hay net rails it might answer your question

Thank you! I think those rails go over the jockey door and front ramp though, so still wouldn't be in the right place for a cross-tied horse? I might be missing something though.

claracanter

Visit site
Thats right, thats where I tie my haynet. My horse travels cross tied without a partition. They have a ring thing that slides along on the rails so you can push it nearer to the horse

Last edited:

pennyturner

Visit site
If I cross-tie a horse in a trailer I always give him enough free movement to reach either side for hay. I only need to stop him turning around, not to immobilize him completely!

What are you trying to stop him doing OP?

Landcruiser

Visit site
I have a wessex trailer which is similar to a 505. I tie the net to one of the rings he's cross tied to, and he has enough rope to reach it fine. He actually has one long and one shorter rope to help him stand diagonally which he prefers, so the net is on the ring the short rope is on.