Treating potential ulcers without vet?

seabsicuit2

Visit site
Was wondering about trying one of my horses on this Egusin , this year she is very stressed in the stable , weaving and digging, and picking at hay. She was happy and calm in the stable last year, although she has moved yards a few times this year.Can feel ribs clearly whereas before she'd always had plenty of rib coverage. Has a good coat and is lovely to ride, but a lot more spooky and reactive than usual.
It may just be adolescence ( she is a rising 6 yr old) and settling into a new yard , but she does go out all night and is only in from 7 am to 3pm and it bothers me that she is so thin and weaving/ digging so much now when she is on a reasonably quiet yard.

Her stomach is sore to touch so I am thinking it could well be ulcers ?

Would feeding egusin be a good first step as a few people have had good results with it?

seabsicuit2

Visit site
Thank you so much everyone!! It sounds like this lady at equine science is worth talking to.. Will get in touch with her :)

seabsicuit2

Visit site
Have just ordered some gastro plus! She was great to talk to and very interesting. feel bad that i didnt help my poor horse sooner! So glad I didn't go down the vet route as scoping clearly does not show everything and gastro guard does not seem very effective . Will report back on results!

Escada2004

Visit site
I to would be very interested in how you get on as ive been suspecting ulcers with my mare for a little while. She looks fab but strange behaviuor and also not happy when girthing up. Saddle and back are fine, my friend who does bowen also said that she is sore in her stomach - she has been on charcole for about 3-4 weeks but ive not really noticed a difference and dont really want to go down the scoping route as this will stress her terribly :(

seabsicuit2

Visit site
I will report back in a couple of weeks . Def dont bother with scoping as it is so much hassle and stress for them & doesn't even show what's going on in the hindgut.

Erin

Visit site
Gastrogard only treats stomach ulcers and is very effective.
Hind gut ulcers do require different treatment.