TREC Level 1 - Byranston 9th Aug - Anyone fancy doing pairs?

Shazzababs

Does anyone fancy having a go at the TREC level 1 pairs at Byranston nr Blandford with me? Its on Sunday 9th August.

I've had a go at one before, but my horse hated doing the orienteering part on his own.

I just want to enter for fun and I'm not going to get stressy if we don't come anywhere (although it would be nice to!).

I can do all of the map reading stuff, so don't worry about not knowing how to do that.

Does anyone fancy it?

Vizslak

possibly?! dont know anything about trec though or whats involved! if no good for freddie i could mayb bring old man to play. and pm me ur address missus i need to return ur studs!

ester

Not slacking-multitasking
would have loved to bring the pain in the backside pony but have a friend coming down that weekend and also wouldn't be able to guarantee I would manage rising trot by that point though I bloody hope so. There is only so much sitting a girl can do on a bouncy pony.

Shazzababs

Yea!

The schedule is here BTW: http://www.bryanston.co.uk/podium/default.aspx?t=112767

temsik: Trec is a 3 phase event
Part 1: Control of paces - you get points for how slow you can canter and how fast you can walk in a marked out straight line.
Part 2: PTV - A course of obstacles, max 2ft fences for level 1, but also handy pony type stuff bending, scary roadworks, rein back, offside mount etc.
Part 3: POV - Orienteering on horseback, generally about 12kms for Level 1 (2-3 hrs). You need to able to use a map and compass, but for level one just basic map reading skills will be enough. There is more info on the BHS website.

furryears: I am keen if you are.

If we can get another person we could do 2 pairs and enter the 'teams of 4' competition too.

Shazzababs

Yep, I am pretty experienced. I have done DofE, and teach Girl Guides how to do map reading, had a go at orienteering on foot once too (far to much running involved for me though!). We won't get lost!

I had no trouble with that part when I tried before, it was just that the horse really didn't take to a 3 hour hack on his own in a strange place. He was utterly miserable and dragged his heals like a moody teenager.