tree trunk legs!

Bex7

Visit site
Can any one recommend long riding boots of gigantic proportions?!?!?!?

I must have the fattest calf in the the world, I am on the plump side (size 14-16) but how do I have such a massive calf I tried some xwide ones at the saddlers and even they were too small?

Any ideas as I would like some waterproof boots for the winter instead of jod boots and chaps

x

SillyMare

Visit site
Ah yes, I used to have the same problem and had to use chaps and short boots.

Have now lost some weight so hard to tell whether that has made any difference, but I now ride in the Ariat Grassmere boots (the ones with the laces up the side so you can adjust how tight they are).

Wonderful boots - bought them at Badminton 18 months ago, have ridden in them every day since and they are still going strong. Best investment I have ever made!

Claireg9

Visit site
yes i have the very same problem! Im size 14, have size 4 feet and am only 5ft 1 and a bit!
So i have little short legs to contend with too, also the size of my feet means the XW leg is less wide than on a pair of size 5, 6 , 7 etc etc!!

So annoying. I was looking at the Harry Hall ones which look to have elastic in them which may help them stretch, but TBH i think they'll to tall for me.
Ive said it on here before but ill say it again... why dont people make to measure?
Us people with unusual legs would pay extra to get a good fitting pair of boots!

Happy Bird

community.webshots.com

Mountain Horse sportives !!! They are fab and the calves are fairly large plus elasticated at the top ! They are smart enough to compete in. Or for a more rugged boot, try Mountain Horse High Rider (think that's what they're called) HB

Claireg9

Visit site
Id like Mountain horse high rider or whatever they are but there still not quite wide enough and just a little to tall!
frown.gif
wish i was blessed with slimness!

ClareMc

Visit site
I have the same problem. Recently won the office competition for the fattest calfs.

I bought a pair of long boots last year from Equitector. Great fit and look.

My instructor wears Dubarry boots which she swears are wide fir.

I saw the Ariat ones last week, unfortunatley was with OH and I did'nt think he would be keen on me buying another pair of boots as there are already 4 riding/paddock/wellie bootd outside the front door + a pair of old slide on trainers I wear in the summer. I will sneak back and look without him.

rema

Visit site
I got the Equitector classic boots last week and they are Fantastic.I wore them all day on sunday and they were sooooo comfy.I have big calfs and was worried that they wouldent fit.But when i spoke to Nico(the owner) he told me that they do boots to fit upto 60cm calf.
grin.gif

Sare

Visit site
Treadstone... I have big calves too and struggled to find long boots but treadstone do up to a +4 calf measurement so I finally found a boot that fitted.