Treeless fit and treefree/ghost/hm?

TreeDog

Visit site
I'm after some fitting advice for an old trekker I have. I'm not sure my horse is completely happy in it. It rubs slightly at the back either side of his spine, I pull the pad (equitex) forward slightly so the back of the saddle doesn't touch and this seems to stop the rubbing. If I don't move the pad forward and put my hand under the pad I can feel a lot of movement between him and the saddle. I guess it is too long? I've put a link in to a Google album of various pictures of him without saddle, with saddle and with me riding.

Or I might just sell the trekker and get a treefree/ghost/hm. I'm especially tempted by the ghost saddles at the moment but there's so many options in style, material and colour I don't know how to choose! Has anyone here got a ghost? I've only seen pictures of them new so was wondering how well they wear over time?

Photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/v8iobC5a5har4B6z6

Leo Walker

Visit site
I had the veneto I think. The one that looks closest to a "normal" saddle. I am not a fan of treeless but really rated it. It was very secure, incredibly adjustable and the only thing that fitted my tricky horse! I sold mine once we started driving but it held up well to the limited amount of use it got. You never really see them second hand which speaks volumes for them.

ozpoz

Visit site
It isn't treeless but part treed because it has a carbon pommel. I would avoid this - all the weight will be on the points and the withers and the back of the saddle will move around. Your weight looks to be very far back in the photos, and he is poorly muscled along his back, so I'd agree that it is time for a change.