Treeless saddles opinions please

equibabe20

Visit site
Just been looking at soem websites and saw the treeless saddles. They look good but does anyone have any experince of using one? X

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
My friend has two torsion saddles for her mare (dressage and a GP), she can't rate them highly enough (her mare is extra wide and was quite asymmetrical so impossible to fit a treed saddle to). I have a torsion which I have used twice and gone back to my treed saddle (for sale is anyone interested!!!).

Chex

Visit site
I like mine. I'm wanting to get someone to check his back and make sure for certain its not hurting him though (I don't think it is). My treed saddle slipped constantly to the right (it was fitted) but the treeless doesn't slip at all. I hate having a short girth though. Mine is super comfy too. I have the Barefoot one

claire1976

Visit site
I also have a barefoot- no complaints from me or my mare, it fits lovely, soooo comfy and I'd never go back to a regular saddle. I love the feel of riding the horse not the saddle and I feel I am more in tune with my horses movements making me able to fine tune her a bit better.
A word of warning though , use a decent saddle pad as they can slip. And they are no good for lazy riders, no knee rolls to rely on and if your balance is off the saddle won't help you on that one!!!

Chex

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
And they are no good for lazy riders, no knee rolls to rely on and if your balance is off the saddle won't help you on that one!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't realise how much I relied on knee rolls until I get the treeless! I've been close to being pulled over Chex head mid gallop a few times already
crazy.gif

SillyMare

Visit site
I had a go on a Heather Moffet one - very strange feeling at first (became really aware of the movement of the muscles in her back).

Quite liked it when I got used to it - wouldn't rush out and buy one though unless I had a really good reason.

mickey

Visit site
I had a heather moffett Flexion SBS. Did not get on with it TBH. Felt very unstable in the saddle at times - and when I went hacking if I had to get off to open gates i could not get on from ground as saddle was so light it ended up under my horse's belly, even if girth was done tight. Found it hard to do dressage in (even though it was dressage model) as it was so wide I could not really get my legs around horse. Now back using a treed saddle.

rcm_73

Visit site
I tried a friend's barefoot on my TB mare but decided to give it a miss as I need the knee rolls on her TBH
tongue.gif
lol she is rather sharp! I'd recommmend trying to borrow one first for a couple of weeks, see how it suits you both. My friend only uses his for hacking, to do anything fast or jump he uses a normal event saddle. However now I have my quieter TBx gelding I might try one on him
grin.gif

northeventer

Visit site
I teach a girl who uses a treelell dressage saddle and she thinks the world of it, i had a sit in it and hated it, it felt like i was beeing covered i the dam thing. i love my devoucoux saddle for jumping and my kiffier dresage saddle with flair and would not trade either of them for the world, even though the devoucoux is for sale lol.

www.northerneventing.co.uk

mrhsaddler

www.mrhsaddler.co.uk
My horse is a very heavy very wide cob so I have a Torsion deluxe saddle and I love it. The main differance between the Torsion deluxe and all the cheaper imatations is that it has knee and thigh rolls, and I one of my customers actually uses hers for hunting 3 times a week.