Treking/Hacking holiday in the UK for single girl!!

canteron

Visit site
Feeling the need to escape all the mayhem at home and really fancy a lovely trekking holiday.

I am a reasonably good rider, but I want somewhere where I can ride at my own pace - I am too old to think galloping everywhere is a good idea, but I would like nice horses which are well looked after.

Open to all suggestions ..... does anyone have any recommendations?

Primitive Pony

Visit site
I would really recommend Free Rein in Wales. You can go unguided with maps and stop each night at a different B&B. If going alone I think you can go guided too - definitely worth looking into, more about navigating and ambling across the welsh hill sides than galloping around, fabulous place and lovely ponies! - http://www.free-rein.co.uk/

Hexx

Visit site
What about Adventure Clydesdales - their Facebook page has loads of photos and it looks like great fun. Hopefully, I am going for my "big birthday" this year.

Barnacle

Visit site
I will double-check but I think this is where I went recently: http://www.ellesmereridingcentre.co.uk/ And it was AMAZING. You can definitely ask for a relaxed ride and they'll happily cater to that. The horses are wonderful and the area is stunning. I didn't even know there were places as beautiful as that in the UK. I was there when the ground was covered in multicoloured mosses and the smell of pine was filling the air. It felt like being in a fairytale. And honestly that feeling did not wear off over the course of the full day.

ahorseandadog

Visit site
My top four ideas for you (not in order):

Free Rein in Wales
An 'Ishestar' tour in Iceland
Cumbrian Heavy Horses in Lake District
St. Mary's Riding School (has tours) in the Isles of Scilly

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
Cae argo in Wales, lovely horses nice people and fantastic food. I've been with friends but there have always been single people there who enjoyed themselves

outinthefens88

Visit site
Cae argo in Wales, lovely horses nice people and fantastic food. I've been with friends but there have always been single people there who enjoyed themselves

I'll second that - Caeiago (in Wales) - http://horseridingholidaysgb.co.uk

Heading there soon for the third time, well kept horses to suit all abilities, stunning scenery and great food and company.

canteron

Visit site
Thanks everyone for such great suggestions - I love the idea exploring more of this great country on horseback and all the suggestions look viable. All I have to do is book and mastermind my escape!!

DressageCob

Visit site
Have a look at Equestrian Escapes. They do a variety of holidays across the country, some just hacking and some hacking plus lessons :)