Tri-Tec is it worth the ££?

Lucky788

Visit site
I’ve used it before but this year I’m sure it’s more expensive, is it worth it or are other brands just as good?

vickie123

Visit site
I’ve used Tri-tec in the past and found it quite effective but really pricey. I’ve switched to Deosect this year as it better value (because it is diluted with water) and just as good. Also, I found Tri-tec hard to get hold of during the summer last year.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Yes, but there have been times I've used deosect instead. I usually use that occasionally then phaser more frequently.

Suby2

Visit site
My pony absolutely hates the crab flies that we get in the New Forest. He just doesn’t know what to do with himself if he gets one on him. Using Tri-Tec means he is rideable. He came from outside of the Forest a few years ago and so I am hoping that over time he will get more used to them.

Pc2003

Visit site
I tried to get some the other day as it was recommended for those horrible burrowing black fly things that have been bothering my youngster but it was so expensive and I was struggling to get it. I got deosect instead and diluted it and applied this am and pleased to say no horrible burrowing things this pm

Twohorses

Visit site
I have used it I. The past and did not think it was any better than "Zonk It!", which is a lot cheaper.

I rarely spray my two remaining horses anymore. They wear fly masks during fly season, are on big pasture by themselves, and I keep barrel fans running in the barn so they can go in the barn and stand in front of fans a Whenever they choose.

I have yet to find anything that repels deer flies or those huge black horse flies with needle noses the size of a 1/64 drill bit, so why waste my money:(

We don't have mosquitoes and my neighbor's chickens do a stellar job eating ticks:):)

awelshandawarmblood

Visit site
I bought it but remember not thinking it was worth the cost. I use Leovet Phaser now which does at least work for a good few hours & keeps the B42 bomber horseflies away lol!

meleeka

Visit site
I believe it’s the same ingredient as Deosect which lasts me a whole summer so is great value for money. Surely it’s just ready diluted Deosect?

Lucky788

Visit site
Thanks all
I’ve ordered some to see, for anyone looking viovet have it in stock and the best price I found :)

HeyMich

Visit site
Just looking at buying some Tritec and it says not for use on the actual horse... Is that right? Am I just to spray rugs and stable? What do you all suggest if I have horses out 24/7 with no rugs?! Confused...

Louby

Visit site
I was looking at this last year but was ouch at the price, if it didnt work. Am I the only one that found Deosect useless :oops::)

MDB

Visit site
It's pricey but it does the job IMO. We do have limited options here in Spain, but it was much better than the rest.