Trialling new K2 dressage saddle

oldie48

Visit site
My saddler came on Thursday, having been given a list of requirements for my new saddle. Obviously must fit Rose and be adjustable as she's stll changing shape but also accommodate me, which is not as easy as I am long from hip to knee but can't ride too long so can't cope with big knee blocks, I've got tight hips so I tend to have a bit of a chair seat in some saddles and I was starting to find my current saddle a bit heavy to lift into place. He bought several saddles and I sat in three of them, the new K2 was the best by far. The new version has a narrower twist, it's monoflap so lighter and you sit closer to the horse and it's adjustable. It's also relatively inexpensive and he's offered me a very good price for my old Ideal Suzannah. I've ridden in it a couple of times now and am hacking out in it later this morning but so far, it's all good, I can drop my stirrups a hole and still feel comfortable and in balance. I understand this model came out middle of last year but if anyone has one, please let me know how you are getting on with it.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I had an Albion Dressage saddle that looked similar, but I think was a model up. It was great until the leather became really slippery. I am talking slippery enough that I didn't feel safe. I tried all sorts of dressings etc but it was disconcerting enough that I sold it.

I don't now if I felt worse as my jumping saddle was a calf skin, but I sold it to a friend who loved it.

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
Is that an Albion dressage K2? I have two and when I have to use a modern saddle (as opposed to the baroque saddles I usually use), these are the ones I prefer. I'm not a fan of knee blocks either.

oldie48

Visit site
Is that an Albion dressage K2? I have two and when I have to use a modern saddle (as opposed to the baroque saddles I usually use), these are the ones I prefer. I'm not a fan of knee blocks either.
Yes, not the Jumping saddle which I know is very popular. Some of the dressage saddles have huge external blocks but this has them under the flap, big enough to give some support but doesn't pin you in place.

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
Yes, not the Jumping saddle which I know is very popular. Some of the dressage saddles have huge external blocks but this has them under the flap, big enough to give some support but doesn't pin you in place.

Mine are the older model, and I had them made with no knee blocks at all......

blitznbobs

Visit site
I hated mine but then I like big blocks and a very close contact saddle (the one I had was dual flapped tho)... so it’s probably perfect if you don’t like monster blocks