Tricks to teach sheep🙄

canteron

Visit site
All the sheep have gone to wherever sheep go 😢 except two who are like pets and I don't think are going anywhere (they were hand reared and just love human company)
However, they are getting a little bit boisterous and so I thought I would clicker train them and teach them a few manners and a couple of tricks so the kids can still safely play with them.

Has anyone else tried this, any hints (apart from don't) and what did you teach them?

Looking for any inspiration!! 🐑

Reactions: D66

hobo

Visit site
No ideas but go for it. We went to a show in New Zealand and all the kids had pet lambs on leads, there was the wonderful fancy dress comp. My favourite was the child dress as a sheep and the lamb had trousers and a checked shirt on as the farmer. There was also a child dressed as a bee keeper and lamb was a bee. So no reason why the children can not play and entertain the lambs.

loz9

Visit site
We have 4 pet sheep & I inadvertently taught one of them to 'twirl' (ie turn around clockwise) when we were waiting to run them through the foot bath. She kept turning round when waiting her turn, I added the word 'twirl' whenever she turned, rewarded with a few nuts & she eventually worked it out. It had been weeks since I last asked her to do it, but she still remembered at the weekend when asked again. I'm now trying to teach 'swizzle' (ie turn anticlockwise) but she seems to prefer to twirl! lol!
The 2 boys have also been taught to have their feet trimmed like horses, but that was nothing special, just similar to how you teach a horse. The other girl is a law to herself & doesn't do what anyone tells her :rolleyes: