Tripping pony

woodenbanana

New User
Visit site
Hi all ? so my mares right hind leg shakes when she wees, has anyone else’s horse done this? Is it a sign of muscle problems? Sometimes when riding she feels like she almost gives out with her back legs so wondering if she has weak muscles. She also trips an awful lot, we’ve tried going barefoot and tried natural balance shoes but nothing has helped. Any advice greatly appreciated! Thanks ?

woodenbanana

New User
Visit site
She has always tripped when being ridden, so not a new problem. She used to pull a cart so think she’s very off the forehand from this rather than working from behind.

Visit site
She has always tripped when being ridden, so not a new problem. She used to pull a cart so think she’s very off the forehand from this rather than working from behind.

I'm afraid just because shes always done it, doesn't make it normal. There's plenty of people who ride equines that currently drive/ used to drive and don't trip when ridden (my mare for one has driven all her life until 13 and we got her, she was backed 18 months ago). You do need a vet to investigate this.