Triumph at Team Quest, visits to horsepital and a farewell :(

LiffWee93

Visit site
Been a slightly crazy time over here! Firstly, lola - had a couple of bad weeks with her, i just *couldnt* ride her how she needed and it caused a lot of frustration and confusion on both parts - my instructor was out of action for a few weeks so i didnt have my regular **** whooping :p luckily, shes back and gave me a thorough working through and we came out the other side of it!
In the middle of these bad two weeks we took her for a stressage outing at sparsholt which was all of a disaster! she was unsettled, i couldnt ride, she was calling every (what felt like) two seconds.. counted thirteen in her test! hence an abysmal test- but a very generous score of just under 64% in novice 27! chalked it up to experience, knew what we did wrong, talked it over with instructor who told me to stop being negative, whipped me back into shape and we were at another outing - lolas team quest debut!!
Again, novice 27, and she was far more onside - we had a crazy time with the team trying to get there, 1 or our team members horses was written off, ones car didnt start, our transport didnt start and it resulted in our 4th team members parents giving one person a car and doing two trips for two horses (lola and their pony get VERY attached). Despite the stress, got there in time for a good warm up, instructor gave me some pointers and she was fab, went in the ring, one neigh as we went in.. remember to relax-- she gave a lovely test, again i could have ridden better but so pleased compared to the week before! Ended up on 66.97 and 4th in the class amongst some serious company and it was only lolas 3rd novice (both previous attempts were shocking!) and only her 6th ever test!
so really pleased with that - heres the photo i bought specifically for social media :)
1507141_10155348982625066_462462960798008880_n.jpg

onto horsepital - our pony rufus has had an ongoing saga with liver issues - treated with antibiotics, three seperate blood tests then in for a biopsy two weeks ago - they had to have two attempts to get in as he had a full stomach (we asked if he needed to be fasted and was told no!!), so had to redirect.. this one didnt even get liver cells!! so he had to go back in today to try to get the biopsy done (free of charge!).. fasted for 12 hours in a stable (much to his displeasure). This time they tried three times and managed to get something they reckon (didnt find out until results came back previously) the head vet of the practice had to step in we think -- so have one pony feeling sorry for himself having not done well under sedation and resembling a colander! hopefully we get some definitive answers this time :( otherwise, he is gaining weigh c. 10 kilo a week on a weigh tape and eating like a ..horse! and being wonderfully cheeky :)
Then, a farewell to tiger the sec D i had on loan for 2.5 years - we came to the decision in feb to put him up for sale as an impending career change for me, studying a degree, lola and roos illness has meant i was struggling to find time and thought it was time for him to move on and have fun with someone and be the centre of attention - today, he left to pastures new with his VERY excited family! will miss him, but i know its for the best! heres a pic of us a couple of weeks back having a blast!
10404280_10153627383109377_137602001027448248_n.jpg

and before he left today
10999519_10153201745439882_3646595757334123862_n.jpg

also, last night we found a lost dog running about and ended up taking her in, scared and cold, she stayed the night, came a played ponies, took roo to the vets and was picked up this afternoon by the dog warden and taken to a shelter - she grew on us alot! hopefully her owners can be found!

BBP

Visit site
I'm a bit obsessed with liver and blood tests, what did his enzyme and bile levels look like? Hope you get some news you can work with.