Trouble finding perfect horse!

jemstone

Visit site
I am currently looking for a nice genuine horse without success! Does anyone know of anything for sale which is 14.1-15.2hh 4-11yrs. Safe and sensible for small local shows? Am currently without a horse and bored stupid!! Have a reasonably modest budget so no silly prices please!

Is anyone else finding it hard on the horse hunting front at the moment?

If you know of anything that wants to potter around and be pamered please let me know!

Thanks
grin.gif

beh

Visit site
where abouts are you, people i know have spent ages horse hunting, they are either too expensive, old screws with 3 legs or not out there at all lol
smile.gif

good luck

jemstone

Visit site
Am in the north west but really dont mind travelling a fair distance for the right horse, just want something now so i can get riding again and enjoying it! Not really wanting a super star, just something safe and fun!
grin.gif

it is proving harder said that done though, fed up!!
frown.gif

moodymare1987

Visit site
Im in the north west, try local tack shops, feed stores etc, ive just sold my pony a few months ago, but keep looking have you tried the websites aswell?? xxx

jemstone

Visit site
i have tried Horsemart, Adhorse, Coloured Contacts, Horsequest, the horse exchange any ive left out??!!
shocked.gif
I have scanned local papers am fed up searching now!! Just cant seem to find anything really suitable without spending over £4k!!
blush.gif
I will keep searching however!!
crazy.gif

moodymare1987

Visit site
Oh i think you know though when you see one if it is meant to be, i sold mine for less than what you are offering and she was a superstar, hope you find something soon xx

loobylu

Visit site
I knwo the feeling! I ahve just got another after a summer bereft of the beasts. Do you get Scottish and Northern Equestrian in your part? Web site is Scotequest. Lots on there but I think it may be down for maintenance atm but give it a go.
laugh.gif

omrl

Visit site
Hi, i know someone who is selling there her horse. Although she is 12 just a year older than what you wanted, she is a fantastic mare...not at all moody and has evented and saw her at dressage today and she won with a score of 67.9. pm me if your interested, in ways of price she is basically more interested in a good home as she just doesn't have the time for her. I know the feeling of horse hunting... is frustrating at times!!!

Nic

Visit site
Yes but he's mine & you can't have him!
grin.gif

Well actually he can be a git to lead but other than that yes.

Got him from a RS 6 years ago for £1k

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Goad, I was in the situation of deciding between two I really liked today (let my instructor really make the final decision)!

I do feel for you though, good luck with your search!

Cinders

Visit site
i m currently looking for a horse as i m too big for my pony and i m really struggling to find anything. i only seem to be able to afford youngsters or horses with hang ups! lol have been to try loads but none of them were particularly right for me.

good luck with your search!

Lucy_Ally

Visit site
Sadly there is no such thing as the perfect horse
crazy.gif
and unless you are willing to compramise on certain things the IMO you won't ever buy a horse. Plus safe and sensible horses of a reasonable age are the ones that everyone wants so fetch the highest prices. Having said that though they are out there for reasonable prices but they may not be as pretty or well schooled, good luck with your hunt. I would ask around local tack shops, riding schools and clubs as I think word of mouth is the best way to get a good horse.

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
It's a drought on sensible sensibly priced horses at the moment. Little man leaves next week
frown.gif
and i am having to look for something sooner than anticipated. Can i find anything? I am dreaming bloody adverts and spend half my waking hours on the phone saying thanks but no thanks.