Trowel XCountry Schooling Course

Mickeymoo

Visit site
If you are local to Ilkeston area, you will know Trowel XCountry course has been closed a while. I looked on the post - New XC schooling microsite launched - and there is a new contact phone number attached.. so, I rang the mobile number as I would like to use the course. A man answered and said it was closed, but sounded rather undecided as to if or when it would open again..

So, if you are local and would like the course to open, then ring the mobile number and ask to use the course. If enough people call, then they may consider re-opening it.

meardsall_millie

Visit site
I wondered what had happened to it - used to go there now and again for some competitions.

I did see the farm being advertised for sale a while back - I wonder if it's been sold and he was the new owner?

Heidi1

Visit site
Oh I do hope so as it's so close to me and ideal for the young and green horses, was gutted when Mary left............

Will give it a call and get everybody on the yard to call it too....

Thankies.....

Heidi1

Visit site
It's been sold once and then back up for sale and a couple of week ago we went passed and it was still up for sale, should have been auctioned, but don't think it sold.

kirstyhen

mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk
My friend went round there just before it shut, from what she told me he would have to put in a bit of work before he re-opened it. Some of the jumps were rotten, her horse knocked the helsinki steps as it jumped them and the whole fence fell over!!
shocked.gif

I did love it there though, for some reason I was always braver round there!
grin.gif

CrazyMare

Visit site
I didn't realise it had closed! I'm fairly local too. Used to like going there for a play.

Although I found this pic....which may indicate that its longer than I thought since I last went!!

Trowell12.jpg