Trying to find out the history of my gelding

Pinokioputhzy

Visit site
Hello i come from the Netherlands so my english is not perfect.

I bought in july this year a horse called Pinokio (Pino). I bought Pino from someone who bought Pino from a horsedealer. I called this horse dealer and he told me that he imported Pino from Ierland or the uk.
I cant find any information in his passport. This is a dutch passport which has been issued april this year. So i think Pino is imported in april.
He is birhtdate is 15 may 2015
He is now 151cm
Does someone reconizes Pino
Maybe he had a other name by his previous owners1A8AADC4-4500-4BDA-A6C4-5ED2DB401B28.jpeg3DC78177-347B-4DBE-8EA5-40967E18D0A5.jpeg

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
He should have a UK/ Irish chip, can you get it scanned for?

Last edited:

ycbm

Visit site
If he has a new passport he should have two chips. You need to find the number on the chIp which does not match what is in his passport. Sometimes foreign ones can't be read, but if you can get it, you should be able to trace him. He looks very thoroughbred to me, were you told anything at all about him?

ycbm

Visit site
958 isn't on any database of country codes that I can find. I think you're going to need to try and find the one, or two, in his neck unless someone recognises him. As a very TB looking horse of just 15 hands, I'd be suspecting that he was a flat racer at some point. He's a nice looking horse.

Last edited:

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
this was their answer

Dear Lianne
Unfortunately this microchip hasn’t been registered and isn’t associated with a horse passport in the UK.

I had exactly the same problem with my horses German chip. He was chipped as a foal by the breeder at his grading but the actual chip was never registered in Germany. it was merely implanted in his neck because that was what the breed society required. I bought him at 3 and didn't register him to me until last year when the new rules came in. I was lucky because I know who his breeder is and have his full history from the day he was born otherwise I wouldn’t have been able to find out anything about him.

Pinokioputhzy

Visit site
958 isn't on any database of country codes that I can find. I think you're going to need to try and find the one, or two, in his neck unless someone recognises him. As a very TB looking horse of just 15 hands, I'd be suspecting that he was a flat racer at some point. He's a nice looking horse
Yes i hope the vet can find another chip. 2 other people (one vet and somebody else) could find only 1 chip
i already post this on Facebook in trace my horse uk and trace my horse ireland, so i hope someone recognises him.

nikicb

www.facebook.com
958 isn't on any database of country codes that I can find. I think you're going to need to try and find the one, or two, in his neck unless someone recognises him. As a very TB looking horse of just 15 hands, I'd be suspecting that he was a flat racer at some point. He's a nice looking horse.
Yes i hope the vet can find another chip. 2 other people (one vet and somebody else) could find only 1 chip
i already post this on Facebook in trace my horse uk and trace my horse ireland, so i hope someone recognises him.

As per my post above, 958....... is a Pet ID microchip. Taken from their website.....

"Each microchip is pre-programmed with a unique number, specifically identified by Pet-ID’s ICAR manufacturer code 958, sealed with resin to protect the inner circuitry to prevent the possibility of failure, then encased in bio-compatible glass and coated with Parylene-C. "

I was going to suggest Trace my horse, so that's good that you have posted in there - they seem to have a good success rate. Good luck! :)

ycbm

Visit site
To be realistic, that's probably a lie by the dealer. What story did the seller who bought from the dealer tell you about why they were selling PP?

Pinokioputhzy

Visit site
To be realistic, that's probably a lie by the dealer. What story did the seller who bought from the dealer tell you about why they were selling PP?

She said that she bought him to learn him the basic skills for dressage, and if he knew de basic selling him again

ycbm

Visit site
She said that she bought him to learn him the basic skills for dressage, and if he knew de basic selling him again

But he was only in the country for a few months and during that time she bought him to teach him dressage basics and then sold him again? Are you happy with him yourself PP? I hope so, he looks like a sweet boy who deserves a good home.

Pinokioputhzy

Visit site
His microchip is placed in the Netherlands (someone on a Dutch horseforum helps me to find out) she said to me that there is no change that there is a second chip. (But I will check again ofcourse)
Pino is imported by Han Post, someone who import a lot of horses out of Ireland and the UK, probably from a dealer there.