Trying to find out why my horse was stamped for loss of use

TJ&Ozzie

Visit site
My "happy hacker" was stamped for loss of use before I had him and also before his previous owner (my friend) had him. Does anyone know of a way of tracing what has happened to him in his past? He is now the ripe old age of 20 and still going strong with no health problems at all so I am curious as to what has happended.

Clippy

Visit site
I would think the best way to find out is try to insure him! They have their ways of finding out.

It's really good news that he's doing so well. It could be something as straightforward as an injury which may have prevented him competing at a certain level and maybe pootling about in a hacking home has given him lots of time to get over it and remain sound.

Full credit to you for giving him a job he can do anyway, he's obviously thriving :D

TJ&Ozzie

Visit site
He is in insured on vetran cover so only loss of animal and animal liability cover. NFU were happy to do that without knowing the details.

I'd love to have known what has gone on in his life but not sure how to go about it. I suppose a "Do you know this horse" in the forum section might bring up a lead. He is such a gentleman he has obviously been very much loved all his life.

TJ&Ozzie

Visit site
Yes, I am going to have to write to them as there is only a postal address.

Its really got me intrguied so am going to put a post in in the write section of this forum and see if anyone knows him.

traceyann

Visit site
Well my is LOU because he cant jump but ok to hack he was seventeen at the time so wasnt gonna do to much more anyway maybe something like that.