Trying to sell my mare

onemoretime

Visit site
I spent £145 on an advert in HH trying to sell my mare and all Ive had is one phone call which came to nothing. I need to sell her as I cant afford to keep 2 horses. She is a lovely 16.1 7/8th TB with 129 dressage points and 10 years old.

Where else do you think I should try selling her.

ScratchyMooMoo

Visit site
I spent £145 on an advert in HH trying to sell my mare and all Ive had is one phone call which came to nothing. I need to sell her as I cant afford to keep 2 horses. She is a lovely 16.1 7/8th TB with 129 dressage points and 10 years old.

Where else do you think I should try selling her.

I think Horse Mart and Horse Quest seem to be really popular these days. I had a lot of response from a Horse Mart add. Sold the horse pretty quickly too. Most people do everything on line these days so an internet based site is where I'd try. Its not that expensive either. I think when I advised our horse it was less then half that amount and you could put up quite a few pictures etc.

Good luck!

Baileysno1

Visit site
Had my boy advertised on BD classifieds, Horsequest and H&H Online, had most enquiries from the BD site, he hasn't sold, just got back from my friends and she buys and sells and has a nice allrounder in been advertised everywhere price dropped etc and has not had one enquiry. The market is dead.

dieseldog

Visit site
The H&H Online Horse Classifieds site is now impossible to use - it is really really horrible - I can not face searching on it anymore, I've given up with it.

alwaysbroke

Visit site
Had sons pony advertised in H&H and Pony Club website, and was very surprised that she sold within 3 week of advertising, was expecting it to take months.
Am now searching for a replacement pony, looking where I advertised, plus Horsequest, Horsemart, Horse Select and Horse Finder. I am surprised how difficult it is to find what I am looking for, some adverts are really badly written, pics are useless and, this is probably me, but certain one liners can put me off even picking up the phone, I perhaps read too much into things:eek:

snopuma

Visit site
Your mare sounds perfect for me, unfortunately I bought a brat 5 weeks ago, so am stuck with that!

I hated using H&H website to search too, its not built well at all

other sites have better search facilities

Baileysno1

Visit site
If you filter on the H&H classifieds my horse and my friends are in lincolnshire as under the dressage section, the grey and the chestnut at the bottom, both genuine sales and not insanely priced.

sj_xc_hannah_

Visit site
I have recently been looking for a horse (sjer) and have hopefully found one subject to vetting (fingers crossed x1000000!!) and I did look at H&H, but the search is horrible. Horse quest, although has no search, isn't a chore to look through like H&H where sometimes you'll click on an advert and it will just take you back to the beginning of the search. Horsemart is my all time fave, incredibly easy to use, popular, and you have lots of search options.

Silent Knight

Visit site
May be TFC will tell the classifides department that their search options are rubbish. I don't look on HH anymore because of being sent back to the beginning repeatedly

LadyRascasse

Visit site
without trying to sound rude, your photo isn't great and your description doesn't want me to ring up either. i would like to see (from my personally buying perspective) a photo of the horse moving (trot preferably) more detail about shoe/clip/box, what level it works at, will she go higher? any notable win or places. I would also drop her breed from the advert, tell people that when they ring.

Good luck i hope you manage to sell her.

rowy

Visit site
I have just put my mare up for sale too. Horsemart is def the most popular place to advertise. Saying that, I put her up on wednesday and I have had absolutely no replies what so ever though the page said that 130 odd people have viewed it :/
I'm not absolutely desperate to sell though, only selling for her benefit really as I have no time for her.

sammy_d

New User
Visit site
personally wouldnt bother with horsemart, i was trying to sell my horse had over 1800 hits on the advert but only one phone call in which resulted in a girl trying my horse wanting him but only on loan!! i just dont think people are buying horses at the mo..

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I know quite a few horses who have sold lately but all had good adverts and were very well priced to sell. Most sold to the first person to view. Only one I thought was a stupid price. I know the horse and it was not worth the money but they got it! This was not sold to the first person but they had steady interest due to a good advert.

dieseldog

Visit site
May be TFC will tell the classifides department that their search options are rubbish. I don't look on HH anymore because of being sent back to the beginning repeatedly

I spoke to the people on the Horse and Hound stand at Gatcombe yesterday about it and they weren't in the slightest bit interested. Told me to email someone, no one specific, just email them.

People are trying to buy horses at the moment, just nothing that nice out there, and what is always seems to be about a 4 hour drive away!

becca1305

Visit site
Ahh I have had the same problem as you. Paid to advertise on H&H and have only recieved 3 phone calls out of it :/...again nice gelding perfect DR/hunt horse and really undervalued as I dont have time for him, but only had 2 people come to look. The first a 16 yr old coming off ponies, claimed she was experienced then couldnt keep her lower leg still and so he just kept cantering round in a nice collected canter bless him as she wasnt giving him the aid to transition to trot. The second just seemed to expect pure perfection for a less than perfect rider and a very small budget for a DR horse! I have now come to the conclusion that barely anyone is looking, the majority looking are young teenagers having convinced their parents to buy, and the standard of riders coming up from ponies on a whole seems to be slipping! I am taking him off the market for a month or so to go do some DR competitions that i really dont have time for :( and then hope to sell after. In short, good luck the market seems really stagnant atm! when I readvertise will use horsemart as I think that is the easiest to search for horses on :).

mon

Visit site
I'm trying to buy a safe. 16hh horse and one me and hubby both liked sold in four days asked v sensible price , so still looking east midlands area all seem too far away eg Lancashire Worcestershire kent

Peanot

Visit site
I have my dressage horse advertised at the moment, just put her on Horsemart. Had no interest on Horsequest at all! I was looking to see what was about and I too have to say that H&H was horrid for searching on. I find Horse deals, and Horsemart are the best for searching. I just think its a funny market out there at the moment. On here you read of people that can`t sell their horse and also of people that are buying and can`t find a horse and have written posts of going to see horses that are not as described etc. My horse is as described and is a lovely genuine mare and no-one is interested!!!
So for all them folk that say, they can`t find a horse, look a bit harder and don`t rule out the ones that you wouldn`t normally go for, eg colour, sex, age etc and you could find a gem. Good Luck with selling your horse. x

onemoretime

Visit site
without trying to sound rude, your photo isn't great and your description doesn't want me to ring up either. i would like to see (from my personally buying perspective) a photo of the horse moving (trot preferably) more detail about shoe/clip/box, what level it works at, will she go higher? any notable win or places. I would also drop her breed from the advert, tell people that when they ring.

Good luck i hope you manage to sell her.

Thanks Lady Rascasse, I have taken your comments on board and re written an advert. This is the first time I have advertised a horse so your help is greatfully received. I think I will try the BD web site.

BronsonNutter

Visit site
I put my lad up on horsequest and my PC branches' website and have had a few calls - one through the PC which sounds promising and about 5 enquiries through horsequest. Waiting on him being definately 'right' behind because since he came back off trial (we nearly sold him at a show, just through Mum getting nattering ;)) he was a bit jarred up/stiff behind.

Puppy

Visit site
I agree with DD, H&H adverts online are just impossible to use. It fails every time you try and search. I've given up.

Horsequest is best, IMO. Especially as they do now have a search facility.

Also, Horse Deals and Horse Select.

I don't bother with horsemart so much for quality horses as it seems to be mostly the bottom end of the market on there these days.

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
Completely agree with the comments re H&H classifieds. Its so dificult to search for specific criteria that I seldom bother to even look.
I always look at Horsemart first for buying and selling as its such an easy to use site.

Charem

Visit site
:( I've just paid for an advert in H and H!!!!! and it's so bloody expensive.

My boy is very reasonably priced as I really need to sell him asap. I've had a few phonecalls now but they've amounted to nothing. Fingers crossed the advert in the mag will bring more success. Surely someone out there wants a gorgeous, easy and uber talented tb to love and event???