Trying to trace horse's past. Is it possible!?!

allcash

New User
Visit site
In 2018, I bought a 6yo Irish gelding out of Financial Reward.
He was (and is) really lovely. However, when talking to his previous owner she told me that even though his passport only shows one home (the breeders) before hers he'd in fact been to one more in Ireland then a few around Hartpury before her.
When looking up the breeder there is nothing on him (no records etc..). His name is Ian Johnston (Wexford)
She gave me two names of the people around Hartpury, but she tried finding more information from them after she bought him and she was hung up on numerous occasions.
I know this is quite typical for Irish horses but he's been logged onto the Irish Horse Register so I just wondered if anyone knew any way to track down anything about his past or had any experiences and what they did.
Thanks in advance :)

Leo Walker

Visit site
I've found loads of info for people. Its usually fairly easy. Post on the Trace My Horse page on Facebook. When I get bored I usually go on there and find out info for 4 or 5 of them. If there's nothing to be found online people will share the post and information comes up that way.

HeyMich

Visit site
I've found loads of info for people. Its usually fairly easy. Post on the Trace My Horse page on Facebook. When I get bored I usually go on there and find out info for 4 or 5 of them. If there's nothing to be found online people will share the post and information comes up that way.

You can do some searching for info on my mare if you are really bored LW!? PM me if you want the basic details and pics. You could hire yourself out as a horse-history-detective! I spy a new career on the horizon...