Turkeys as pets

Esmae

Visit site
Does anyone have them? What is involved with their care? How long do they live on average? My goose is 28 years old and I don't want to start with another long lived bird at my age. 12 years ish would be okay. What do you feed them? Are they grazers, scratchers rummagers?? What?? Cost of a pair of rare breed if any has any idea? Thanks.

Mrs B

Visit site
Does anyone have them? What is involved with their care? How long do they live on average? My goose is 28 years old and I don't want to start with another long lived bird at my age. 12 years ish would be okay. What do you feed them? Are they grazers, scratchers rummagers?? What?? Cost of a pair of rare breed if any has any idea? Thanks.

Hello! I'm liveried next to a rare breed turkey breeder and I'm sure they'll be able to answer any questions you have. Will pm you their details :)

millikins

Visit site
There was a trio of Crollwitzer (pied) turkeys on NFED earlier this year for £100. They are stunning, more shaped like wild turkeys and usually kept as ornamental birds I believe.