Turning out again after being in?

doodle

Visit site
Robin has been in at night for a month. He now has cellulitis. His leg comes down in the day but goes up overnight. Sharer and vet suggesting turning him out overnight. I have just fully clipped him but he has lots of cosy rugs. Normally he is alone with 2 horses over the fence who come in but another livery has said he can go in with her horse who is still out which is really kind of her. He will be ok or would you not do it?

Blazingsaddles

Visit site
Robin has been in at night for a month. He now has cellulitis. His leg comes down in the day but goes up overnight. Sharer and vet suggesting turning him out overnight. I have just fully clipped him but he has lots of cosy rugs. Normally he is alone with 2 horses over the fence who come in but another livery has said he can go in with her horse who is still out which is really kind of her. He will be ok or would you not do it?

Turn him out, no question🙂

CJoe

Visit site
Wouldnt be an issue, mine is fully clipped, lives out, always well rugged when required. They come in during really bad weather but they can go from being in for a week each night to being thrown back out for a month, really depends on weather. If i had more grazing they would be out 24/7 and happy to be so!

doodle

Visit site
Because he would be out at night. He is clipped and been in. Not worried about the company he is stabbled beside the other horse with no issues.

doodle

Visit site
Well he is out with his buddy. I will now worry! We are in scotland and it has regularly been down to 2 degrees but it is dry tonight.

Fiona

Visit site
Go for it, and don't worry. Mine are all still out, two out of three clipped, and we had a hard frost last night.

They were fine this morning.

Think how good it will be for his leg 😚😚

Fiona