Turnout before competing

andytiger

Visit site
Hi just want to know what people’s opinions were as next weekend I’m doing shelford BE 80 I have asked for late times so it looks like from section times I will not be doing my dressage Till 4pm
Would you turnout for the morning or all day my horse is quite laid back and doesn’t need to blow off steam just worried he will fill himself with the nice grass and with it being hot next weekend feel mean leaving him in all day
What would you do any ideas appreciated

Ahrena

Visit site
I turn out beforehand wherever possible.

I turn out 24/7 in summer anyway so they’ve generally been out all night anyway. My mare stresses a bit in the stable so would rather have her relaxed.

However she doesn’t know the meaning of being fat and lazy from eating so much

MissTyc

Visit site
Hi just want to know what people’s opinions were as next weekend I’m doing shelford BE 80 I have asked for late times so it looks like from section times I will not be doing my dressage Till 4pm
Would you turnout for the morning or all day my horse is quite laid back and doesn’t need to blow off steam just worried he will fill himself with the nice grass and with it being hot next weekend feel mean leaving him in all day
What would you do any ideas appreciated

I always turn out before competing. Esp if calm horse who'll just enjoy the leg stretch x

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I try and keep mine in the same routine mainly so I'd turn out for the morning and bring in a couple of hours before setting off. :) he'd be eating hay in the stable anyway?

coss

Visit site
Ditto others - stick to normal routine, turn out then bring in when you need to get ready to go and by the time they've been in, groomed, travelled, tacked up etc they've not been out as long as usual anyway.