Turnout boots reccomendations for knocks and scrapes

starfish8

Visit site
My mare is getting a bit beaten up in her field at the moment -a couple of new ponies have arrived and they're sorting out the pecking order etc i think - but my girl is coming in with new cuts, scrapes etc every few days. Can anyone recommend some turnout boots that are good for protecting against this? Most of the reviews focus on prevention of mud fever, hence the new thread.

AFB

Visit site
PE do some that look good but no first hand experience. I did use Equilibrium mud fever chaps but IMO they're a nightmare, because they come down over the coronet they get trashed on a daily basis so you really need to wash every day and so need 2 pairs - I'd avoid any coming that low if not necessary (depends where she's getting caught).

starfish8

Visit site
Thanks, it was cannon bone in various locations, so the PE ones would have been good except... the culprit has now been moved to another field so hoping not to need them. Fingers crossed all will be harminious

AdorableAlice

Visit site
I have a pair of the PE turnout boots, very good quality and no rubbing on my fine skinned horse. No longer needed and been packed away but would recommend them to anyone with a valuable horse.