Turnout - Does it matter what I do with my horses...

Heidi1

Visit site
I would just like to point out that I appear to have been involved in a debate about what I do with my horses............ Does it matter what I do with my horses, the main point is they are Happy and Healthy and out 24/7 at the moment............... end of.......... Thank you

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
You do what you think is best for them. Unless you horses are unhappy and look crap it's nobody's business what you do with them. Your the best person to know whats best for them
laugh.gif

kat
xx

KatB

Visit site
I completely agree with ho you keep your horses, exactly the smae way as i do mine. Ignore anyone who doesnt know you, and doesnt believe in horses being horses!
smile.gif

BBs

Visit site
You dont have to explain yourself!

Like you say your horses are happy and healthy! if they are clipped and left out 24/7 as long as any horse has good shelter and appropriate rugs and feed there is no reason for them to have to be stuck in a dusty box!

My boy last year was clipped fully and left out until November - the weather was fine and dry and mild! far healthier than being stuck in imo.

You carry on doing whats best for your horses
smile.gif

Heidi1

Visit site
Thank you both...............I know when they want to come in when they are waiting at the gate for me, at the moment they are still half way up the field grazing.... AND HAPPY.........

SSM

Visit site
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Anyone wanting to question Heidi's horse management skills had better come through me first
mad.gif

Heidi is my guru, a ton of support and knowledge - what she says goes!

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

MillionDollar

Visit site
Good for you, you do whats best for them and don't listen to anyone else. I have 4 horses out 24/7, including a warmblood, they love being out and i have one horse thats in/out 12 hours/12 hours, as she isn't happy out 24/7. Don't let anyone upset you, you're obviously doing right if they are happy!!!

EllieBeast

Visit site
of course not! my mare is fully clipped (well, will be) as she is in full, competative work. she will also live out 24/7 all winter, as she cannot be stabled. i love to see horses out, my mare has never been happier, horses for courses and all that.
Sarah

PiebaldHorse

Visit site
Heidi dont listen to bad comments, at the riding stables the horses are out overnight and they get excited when they know its time to head out!

My lesson is the last of the day so I get to help take them to the field, just behind the stables a bit. I love seeing them so happy. They will be out most of the year.

Aslong as you and your horse are happy, and healthy. Then just ignore those immature comments!