Turnout Socks

_daisy_

Visit site
ive got them for Chantin and Flighty. Chantin has got Sportabac ones for her mud fever but have also saved her from a few scrapes. Flighty has got a pair of Equilibrium close contact chaps for when her foot was healing - kept it nice and clean but gave her a bit of support. They saved her from ripping her stitches open.
Just invested in some Westropp ones at £16 a pair - have a look
http://www.equestrianclearance.com/perl2/v2.cgi?page=/templates/details.html&productid=4356
or these Equilibrium ones
http://www.equestrianclearance.com/perl2/v2.cgi?page=/templates/details.html&productid=34572

LauraBR

Visit site
They are great if you can be arsed to put them through the wash every night... found I needed to with my equilibrium equi-chaps. Great in every other respect though.

_daisy_

Visit site
yes it does get annoying but thats why ive got multiple pairs for Chantin. If they can cope with a rinse then dry off shell have them on the following morning if not they go home for a full wash and dry on the radiator, and she has another pair on the following morning ready for them to vice versa that night (if you get what i mean)

princesskelly

Visit site
i use sportabac all round because my mare suffers with mud fever. used equilibrium equi-chaps last year and i hated them! after twice going backwards and forward to the tack shop i finally got a pair that fit and it ended up costing me a £300 vets bill because they let mud in and made mud fever worse. the sportabac boots are better and so much cheaper!

_daisy_

Visit site
i couldnt afford the equilibrium ones when i bought Chantins first set of Sportabac ones. At £100 a throw I thought id try the others first. Theyre great - just going to try the westropp ones as well at £16 a pair i cant complain if they arent that good

princesskelly

Visit site
where do you get the westropp boot's from? wont hurt having a "back up" pair.
smile.gif