TV CH5 police interceptors - horse trailer - no hats please!

Tinypony

Visit site
That's ridiculous. They are out competing, does the owner go round every showground asking people to take their hats off?

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
A Equitrec trailer was being towed by a car that had broken down. They had a spare towing vehicle, and the trailer and car were in a layby. The Police attended to close the road so the vehicles could be swapped, but the owner said the horse had to come off the trailer while the vehicles were swapped.

As the Police arrived the owner told her that she could not wear a hat as the horse was scared of hats and things like that. She put her hat away. It was all built up to be very scary, and in the event the nice horse got off, the vehicles were swapped, and the horse re-loaded.

The horse looked absolutely fine. Maybe because everyone had removed their head gear (???!!!???******!).

BTW, I had to swap a vehicle once, with a cheaper front unload trailer, and we just did it no problem with handbrake and jockey wheel (plus rear stabalisers built in to the trailer). Do Equitrec not have this as a possibility? I mean, we did it on the flat - but then this situation was on the flat too..... I am not familiar with Equitrec.

Tinypony

Visit site
I think they used these trailers at the Horseman's Calling and the manufacturers said it was safe to load into them with the trailers un-hitched. There was a bit of the usual here about it.
If that's right I'd have been inclined to leave the horse in and put some extra support under the trailer just in case, but the horse seemed fine being unloaded and then put back in.
I was wondering... if the horse is afraid of hats... does the rider ride bare headed? Or maybe she gets on then someone smuggles her hat up to her in a brown paper bag... Wot about approaching judges in bowlers and flat caps? Unprepared St John's Ambulance men if the rider has a fall?? The hat dangers are endless!!!

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I think they used these trailers at the Horseman's Calling and the manufacturers said it was safe to load into them with the trailers un-hitched. There was a bit of the usual here about it.
If that's right I'd have been inclined to leave the horse in and put some extra support under the trailer just in case, but the horse seemed fine being unloaded and then put back in.
I was wondering... if the horse is afraid of hats... does the rider ride bare headed? Or maybe she gets on then someone smuggles her hat up to her in a brown paper bag... Wot about approaching judges in bowlers and flat caps? Unprepared St John's Ambulance men if the rider has a fall?? The hat dangers are endless!!!

Noooooooo - not PAPER bags!!!!!

I thought they would be fine with no vehicle on the front. Especially on the flat and for such a small amount of time. I guess a couple of bricks behind the wheels, and under the front bar would have been double safe, safer than letting loose the horse who is scared witless of hats!