TV Times for World SJ Champs

reynold

Visit site
Eurosport 2 channel will be showing these on friday and sunday. The channel is on Sky 411 and also BT and Virgin. You do not need Sky sports to see Eurosport 1 and 2 but I don't know about Bt/Virgin.

Times are:

Team SJ Friday 6.45pm to 10pm - Live coverage
Individual SJ Sunday 9pm to 11pm - not sure if that one is live

Eurosport 1 (Sky 410) showed the full Kur last night. Eurosport 1and 2 are part of Discovery + channels and so if you have that then you may get the Kur on catch-up. Perhaps someone can update this thread with that information.

Eurosport has been showing the GCT GP SJ on some saturday evenings during the spring and will be showing some during the autumn, including the final superGP so it might be worthwhile to keep an eye on their listings if you get that channel.

reynold

Visit site
Not everyone has broadband fast enough for streaming services (or the money to pay for it if it was available)

Not everyone has the spare cash to pay for streaming services.

In the current financial crisis streaming services and superfast broadband are luxury items, not essential items, and ones that I simply cannot afford.

....and it's not me that has the basic Sky package - it's a fellow horsey friend that lets me go round to watch Eurosport with her.

I just thought that info about Eurosport above might be useful to others as it's a pretty obscure channel in the UK (less so in Europe).

Totally agree that the Kur last night was amazing (and they showed Lottie's GP Special test in the interval as a bonus)

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
I am retired and money is short, I could not afford to have sky with all its sports channels and only have freeview so miss out on loads of horse stuff , CMH had a special offer on for a year so I managed to pay for it as a one off. I have no horses now so am not quite so broke as I was but still have to count every penny and at 76 years of age and on a pension that I worked 40 years for , I still have a mortgage so please don’t assume I am rolling in money..

asmp

Visit site
Not everyone has broadband fast enough for streaming services (or the money to pay for it if it was available)

Not everyone has the spare cash to pay for streaming services.

In the current financial crisis streaming services and superfast broadband are luxury items, not essential items, and ones that I simply cannot afford.

....and it's not me that has the basic Sky package - it's a fellow horsey friend that lets me go round to watch Eurosport with her.

I just thought that info about Eurosport above might be useful to others as it's a pretty obscure channel in the UK (less so in Europe).

Totally agree that the Kur last night was amazing (and they showed Lottie's GP Special test in the interval as a bonus)
I watched Eurosport last night and was trying to work out if the two presenters weren’t getting along - there seemed to be a few snide comments! Watched Lotty’s test again on YouTube this morning. It was brilliant!

Rokele55

Visit site
I refuse to pay anything other than the tv licence so I a m out. However, Lottie Fry was on a Facebook thingy this morning. I watched it and cried very happy tears.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Anyone else watching? And if so anyone else wondering what the hell happened to the rider who fell off for no apparent reason?

reynold

Visit site
very odd for an anchor rider to do that, but they didn't show a replay.

I thought that particularly in the anchor round that the horses looked like they'd been asked too much too often. Those are very good horses with top riders and yet they were not just tapping the fences out but booting them out, e.g. Peder Friedrikson

The horses had been asked to go 3 days running. Perhaps there should have been a rest day on the thursday before the team final, as there is on saturday before the individual today.

Yet again, as with the Tokyo final, not entirely a comfortable watch.

Also did anyone else notice that the course was a bit odd. Out of 14 numbered fences (17 jumping efforts) only 3 or 4 numbered fences were set to be jumped on the right canter lead with all the rest off the left lead. If your horse preferred the right lead you were in trouble.