Tweed outfit for dressage

wish upon a star

Visit site
So I'm doing my first dressage test this weekend, just an intro and wanted to check about wearing a tweed jacket.

I've got beige jods and have seen a shirt and tie is more correct, what colour of each is best?

(Trying to upload a photo of the jacket but file is too big apparently)

Or am I better borrowing a show jacket?

Cowpony

Visit site
I do affiliated dressage and wear tweed when it gets cold and wet. Never had anybody comment. I was the only one in tweed at our last competition. The judge doesn't care as long as you are tidy!

silv

Visit site
I do affiliated dressage and wear tweed when it gets cold and wet. Never had anybody comment. I was the only one in tweed at our last competition. The judge doesn't care as long as you are tidy!

This, in fact I even had a judge comment at a prize giving how much she liked my jacket.

be positive

Visit site
This, in fact I even had a judge comment at a prize giving how much she liked my jacket.

If the judge is "old school" they will be pleased to see riders at the lower levels wearing tweed, it is not that long ago that you had to wear it until you were at Elem level when a dark jacket was allowed.

I know some judges do not like to see all the bling being worn now but as long as it is within the rules they cannot say anything negative.

eggs

Visit site
I wear my tweed jacket with brown gloves, black hat, beige breeches, pale cream shirt and brown and bronze tie at novice and blue or black jacket at elementary

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
I was once writing for a judge and a lovely cob type came in to the ring with the rider in tweed and cream jods. The judge said how great it was to see a combination turned out correctly for breed and type.

She also said not to write that down. She judged based on rhythm, balance and accuracy.

wish upon a star

Visit site
Mine is a Connie x, basically an overgrown Connie so guess tweed probably suits her anyway.

I've got the tweed, beige jods, navy tie, navy hat and black boots and gloves so fingers crossed we're OK.

only_me

Visit site
Tweed is perfect :) a white shirt is incorrect, should be a creamy one (if only have white shirts stick a yellow duster in the wash with it) and can be stock or tie!
Like the shirt the stock can’t be white.

Have fun!

wish upon a star

Visit site
The judge didn't get long enough to see what I was wearing anyway! It was a bit of a disaster but I guess we tried. Possibly not for us but I'd already booked one for next weekend. Don't really want to go and the horse has decided she will not load.

blitznbobs

Visit site
Tweed is perfect :) a white shirt is incorrect, should be a creamy one (if only have white shirts stick a yellow duster in the wash with it) and can be stock or tie!
Like the shirt the stock can’t be white.

Have fun!

Only a ncorrect for showing - dressage they won’t care as long as it’s a light colour.

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
The judge didn't get long enough to see what I was wearing anyway! It was a bit of a disaster but I guess we tried. Possibly not for us but I'd already booked one for next weekend. Don't really want to go and the horse has decided she will not load.

You've got further than me, you've tried and you've learnt, keep going, try again, learn more.

The iPhone wasn't invented on the first attempt, there were a few hundred lessons learnt on the way (Not failures, progress in knowing things that don't work)

only_me

Visit site

oh no! Keep trying though, It will be worth it!

blitznbobs

Visit site
It's incorrect for a tweed no matter the discipline :)

Why? I judge dressage I wouldn’t even notice the colour of some9nes shirt and there is no bd rule against white shirts it genuinely makes no difference .... one could argue a bling browband is incorrect on any horse but it’s not exactly avoided in the dressage ring these days.

jj_87

Visit site
If I ever venture out to a dressage competition, i always wear tweed, fawny breeches and if the weather is particularly vile, my brown boots. No comments negative from the judges at all, only complimentary! Go for it :)