twiggy update!

georgiegirl2

Visit site
Twiggy is going great at the moment! Had her in the school today and we are confidently trotting over poles (rustic) on the floor with the blocks placed at either end. decided to pop a coloured plank flat on the floor and after a bit of encouragement we got her over it fine. Its quite odd when shes frightned or unsure of something she will just plant herself rather than move back or spin round. Not really had a youngster bothered by coloured poles before though so do people think this is an ominous sign or not? As I say once she had been over it she was fine afterwards trotting over etc.

Also big breakthrough in her flatwork! rather than going round in trot 'racehorse' style as i call it we had some lovely stretching down over her back in trot and when she really relaxed her elevation is fantastic! dont know if this is to do with changing her from the copper loose ring to the happy mouth loosering but it certainly felt good!

Going to get hacking out down the lane with george acting as nanny this week seeing as I have some time off!

samsaccount

Visit site
OO glad to hear everything is going so well with her, hope you have fun hacking out with her and George
laugh.gif

KatB

Visit site
Wouldnt worry about the coloured pole thing!! Took me half an hour to get my boy over one first time, not he is absolutely fine. Has a good look at everything, but once has been done once, is bold as brass. I'm sure as she gains confidence in you you will have no problems.
smile.gif

Good luck with her, shes a lovely looking horse.