twisted tree on saddle

spaniel

Visit site
You could get it restuffed which would cost you quite a bit but it would only work temporarily plus its still not going to sit really straight so you are risking back problems.

Shame but not worth the risk.

_daisy_

Visit site
no point in wasting money on it if its never going to be right. Suppose it could have a new tree in but again that would outweigh the cost of a new one wouldnt it?

can i ask how a tree would get twisted? the saddle has never had an accident.

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
I think mounting from the ground can twist the tree, but someone i know who's daughter has a physical disability that makes her much stronger on one side than the other says they get through a saddle a year what with the tree twisting.
Is it just wooden trees that twist, do you know, or metal ones or both equally?

_daisy_

Visit site
well as far as im aware the saddle hasnt been mounted from from the floor - poor mum cant get on from the floor - she has really short legs - well she is only 5ft and she doesnt have any spring left in her.
ahh - dont know - spaniel might tho

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
I didn't realise it was your saddle, sorry. Can you actually see that it's twisted? Wow!
I'm sure your mum has got a bit of spring left in her!!
smile.gif

nelliefinellie

Visit site
I think the saddle company can replace trees witha a new synthetic one that is then adjustable. £120 springs to mind but don't quote me....

allijudd

Visit site
bin it...im afraid there is no poiint in trying something taht is vital to your horses health......

why try something like a treeless if it happens alot......

_daisy_

Visit site
if you hold the saddle up and look from cantle down to pommel its slightly down on the OS.
Also the saddle hasnt been used for approx 1yr as Sasha been out of work. Someone asked me if they could buy it and try it on their new pony. So took it down to fit it and it just didnt look right. Thats when i took a proper look at the saddle to see fi there was something wrong with it.
trust me mum doesnt have any spring in her any more
crazy.gif

_daisy_

Visit site
interesting - still too much money really to replace it when we dont use the saddle. Its just someone asked us if wed sell it to them. Obviously not now ive found this out.

_daisy_

Visit site
Allij - understand where you are coming from however this saddle isnt in use. My friend asked if i would consider selling it to her for her pony if it fitted. the saddle hasnt been used for about 1yr and ahs been replaced with a treeless saddle a little while ago

allijudd

Visit site
fair enough....just bin it...at least that way if you sell it you know it hasnt hurt anything....i would worry my little socks off that i would be hurting someone else horse......

atleast with a treeless the would be no twisting of the tree...great minds think alike!.....lol!

_daisy_

Visit site
i wouldnt want to hurt anybody elses pony - id feel guilty i would be able to do it.

yes the treeless saddle is great - pony doesnt like it but she doesnt like much LOL