tying up shetland when travelling

spooks

Visit site
i am picking our new shetland up tomorrow and dont know the best way to tie her in the lorry as the rings are set quite high . i dont want to leave her loose in a compartment either as she will be able to get under the end of the partitions and otto will be in the lorry as well ,as we are picking her up on the way back from towerlands, i do have those bungee things but not sure if they will stretch that far either..any ideas?

piaffe

Visit site
We were advised to leave our mini loose when we picked her up. We put straw bales by the partition so she couldnt get under and she was fine.

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
Humm I dunno in this case but often I don't tie up thier head because all they can do at worse it nibble the next door nieghbour!? The tie I wouldn't of thought be doing any thing?

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
[ QUOTE ]
My friend travels her shetland backwards, and attaches balertwine to the back of the partition and ties her to that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just how I'v always known shetlands to be travelled
laugh.gif

Irishcobs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
We were advised to leave our mini loose when we picked her up. We put straw bales by the partition so she couldnt get under and she was fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats how we do the foals. So they don't go the otherside of the partition and panic because they have lost mum.

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
We travel ours at the other end of the partitions where the bum normally goes. That way he has sides and can lean against them.
tieing the normal way allows him to swizzle round and go from one side of the partition to the other! A bit of string from a hinge or along rope works ok.

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
No use at all for tomorrow, but when you get time why not fill in the partition of the front end area so that the shetty can't get though? that way they can travel loose.