U18 Eventing Champs

kirstyfk

Visit site
Why do they not have their own section? I can't tell who is a junior and who isn't.

Also is it just me or is the JRN champs more competitive than the U18?

connie1288

Visit site
Because there were so many entries and because it was pushed in due to Chepstow cancelling, they had to do that to avoid huge ballot!!
There alot of U18 right at the top though, still v competitive as this is partly a trial for junior teams.

connie1288

Visit site
the juniors were asked to run in either 1* or more experience in 2*, i think all team contenders are there, i know they tried v hard to help with exam time table!!

shee

Visit site
all of the juniors really have to pull out all the stops! as its classed as a trial for team selection

and i really want to congratulate AL whos lying in third at the moment only 2 points off leader Daisy Dick, his riding has matured immensly over the last two seasons, ans his partnership with GC has been a pleasure to watch, I sincerely hope he gets a place on the team and i wish him all the best of luck for tomorrows sj!!

laugh.gif

Thistle

Visit site
Yes its been interesting watching the partnership develop, esp as A is at boarding school full time so the horse has to be mostly worked by others.

Not bad for a snap decision impulse buy a year ago was it?

shee

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Yes its been interesting watching the partnership develop, esp as A is at boarding school full time so the horse has to be mostly worked by others.

Not bad for a snap decision impulse buy a year ago was it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know John adams helps them out alot, but not at all bad considering he doesnt ride much at all in between events!

brilliant buy, i was feeling rather sorry for them as nothing was really going very well, the horse they brought of WFP has soundness problems etc. but this yeah has been soo much better!!
i think Fi said he finished in 6th
smile.gif
- just one pole down!

Thistle

Visit site
Yes, B has just spoken to the family when she was hacking, A was lounging in the pool and the sisters were being made to clean the lorry! Youngest sister had decided to go for a hack to avoid the job!

He was 6th overall and R thought 3rd under 18.

The Under 18's generally made a better job of both the XC and the SJ if you compare the results over both the sections.

I generally see the horses passing my house on their fitness workout.

I do worry though as the lane is dark and twisty, no hi viz is used and the last twice I have seen them GC is being led on the outside (traffic side) on a very narrow lane. Hope they don't meet the few loony white van drivers that frequent the lane. The team selectors would have kittens if they knew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shee

Visit site
they would indeed, lets hope they are not reading this, you knopw how fussy (and quite rightly so) the selectors are!!!!!!!!!!!

lounging in the pool? hahatypical bloke, i think my daughter is planning to ring A later to get all the goss! ha

yeah i thought the junior riders really did ride well, and they really did show up some of the adult competitors!!

3rd U18 is really good, fingers crossed he gets on the team, my daughter is off to Jardy as it clashed with some exams, and i know A got in a bit of a pickle with his exams and people withdrawing from the dressage, houghton did a superb job!

gabanna

Visit site
some great performances from juniors, i just thought it was a shame they did nt announce the top 10 at the end, as unless you knew all the u 18s, it was hard to work out final placings.