UAE Endurance Cheating Again..

skydy

Visit site
Sheikh Mohammad Rashid Al Maktoum, has always blamed others when he's been caught cheating.
With a "ruler" like him I suppose we can't expect common decency and honor to mean anything to the UAE. Too bad. How pitiful and foolish he and his country look to the equestrian world.

PollyP99

Visit site
It's awful, I really fancied having a go at local endurance this year but the awful pictures, the rows and now cheating, it's not why I ride a horse!

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Polly, if you read Spookypony's posts, it's quite clear that UK endurance is a different thing to what's being going on in the middle east.

spookypony

Visit site
PollyP99, most of Endurance isn't like that. And the more people that care take part, the better!

I get the email announcements from Equine Canada; they had one just recently in support of the FEI decision to withdraw the remaining rides.

Last edited:

skydy

Visit site
Polly, if you read Spookypony's posts, it's quite clear that UK endurance is a different thing to what's being going on in the middle east.

Endurance racing in the U.S. bears no resemblance to the bastardized version seen in the UAE either.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I really hope that all the endurance organisations from countries that do proper endurance can work together to pressurise the FEI about this issue.

skydy

Visit site
Faracat, I hope that BE members will make a fuss, if that is what it takes to force their organization into action.

The AERC does well in understanding which way the wind blows with its members and is proactive in speaking up against the UAE nightmare.

EstherYoung

Visit site
Polly I can only echo what the others have said. It's nothing like the sport that we take part in, which is why we have been so devastated and angry at what has been happening. We need to claim our sport back.

OwnedbyJoe

endurancedownunder.wordpress.com
Heather and Jeremy Reynolds have just turned down an invite for an all expenses paid trip to the UAE to compete:
This from FB, from the AERC page:
"Heather and Jeremy Reynolds and Melody Blittersdorf received all expenses paid invitations to ride in the Crown Prince Cup in Dubai on March 21 of this year. Due to the continuing reports of equine abuse and foul play from the region, these AERC international riders turned down the invitation. They showed character that upholds the high standards of our sport. We are proud of them as endurance riders, AERC members and Americans. Nous sommes endurance! We are endurance!"
Bloody well done them.

Last edited:

Garnet

Visit site
Heather and Jeremy Reynolds have just turned down an invite for an all expenses paid trip to the UAE to compete:
Bloody well done them.

Hopefully this type of action will demonstrate to the Group 7 countries that no civilised horse-lovers will play with cheats.

Carl Hester and Nip Tuck were in Doha last week according to his Facebook page. My Middle East geography is a little hazy, but does anyone know if the show he was attending is tainted by the same money as Endurance?

I would be interested in a "blacklist" of shows across all equestrian sports that accept money from these cheats, so that I can vote with my feet by not attending as a spectator. Windsor has been mentioned - what others are there?

PollyP99

Visit site

I did read it, it's not just this kind of bad press but also the acceptance of funding that was announced recently for UK endurance which has led many to speak out about the future of endurance in the UK and whether acepting money from the very regions where poor horse welfare and cheating are seemingly by products of their version of the sport will spill over and taint those it touches.

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news/endurance-gb-secures-controversial-funding-meydan-470945

Last edited:

Joanne_Stockport

Visit site
I did read it, it's not just this kind of bad press but also the acceptance of funding that was announced recently for UK endurance which has led many to speak out about the future of endurance in the UK and whether acepting money from the very regions where poor horse welfare and cheating are seemingly by products of their version of the sport will spill over and taint those it touches.

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news/endurance-gb-secures-controversial-funding-meydan-470945

They are not anymore since the recent news about the horse welfare issues:

http://endurancegb.co.uk/main/News

skydy

Visit site
How nice that the FEI has finally bucked up!

Hopefully they won't find themselves in the position of being "bought" again.
If they do, I hope that all of us will speak out and make as much fuss as we have done this time!