Ugh horse shopping

[59668]

Visit site
Only been a week and already losing the will to live.
Such modest requirements too. If anyone knows of anything....please let me know
South East
10k budget
Event/jump at 80, clinics, camp, beach etc
Must hack alone.
Easy to take out and about in trailer alone.
Sound, sane, nice person

Is this so hard?!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Only been a week and already losing the will to live.
Such modest requirements too. If anyone knows of anything....please let me know
South East
10k budget
Event/jump at 80, clinics, camp, beach etc
Must hack alone.
Easy to take out and about in trailer alone.
Sound, sane, nice person

Is this so hard?!

What everyone wants. Just in case anyone has one, what size?

[153312]

Visit site
This is what everyone wants, and I've seen posts from people willing to pay sometimes up to £2.5k more than your budget on FB sites, wanted ads etc. The market has slowed down a bit now but is still a bit mental, to say the least. Keep looking, though, because it is trailing off a bit now and will do so further into January as people realise horses are a whole lot less fun when it's dark, cold and pissing it down with rain ?

SO1

Visit site
It is the event bit that will be problematic combined with solo hacking.

Not a lot people with happy hacker go anywhere alone type also event them. Eventing is not just expensive but time consuming to get a horse event fit and to x country school. I have been on three yards on the last 14 years and only 2 people evented plenty of happy hackers, dressage and SJ, showing, sponsored ride people but eventing is rarer amongst lower level leisure horse owners.

Most people have access to an arena and Show jumps so they can train to do dressage or SJ easily very few people have easy access to country courses at their yards.

Maybe look at PC classifieds as PC horses may have done x country at camps or rallies.

eahotson

Visit site
To be honest - yes.

Relatively few people are in the market for a high level competition horse. Most people are looking for something sound, sane and sensible that's easy to live with and easy to have fun with, and that sort of horse isn't often looking for a new home.
So true

Abacus

Visit site
I'm looking too for the same description and same budget. Travelled nearly 4 hours on Saturday to see one that was fabulous but dished like mad, the seller could have saved me all that time by telling me why it was a bit cheap (on the phone he said that it was just a bit green for age). Might just wait till Feb and save myself all the mud...