Ugh. These things are made to test us

Iwantakitten

Visit site
Just wanted a little vent really as was so looking forward to a nice evening.

Dizzy was out of work for a little while with an abscess that tracked across his sole and out the back but he is now sound yippee. So, back into work and he has been a little star. We've been doing in hand work in the school as well as a little light ridden schooling so tonight I though we would go for a little walk on the moor to change it up a bit.

Well he was a ratbag! Far too excited to be out, stomping along at a ridiculous speed and when it all got a bit much throwing in a couple small rears as well. Took him back to the yard and into the school for some loose schooling over ground poles and he was tense and totally unfocused on me. Got a couple of nice circles out of him and called it a day.

I will try again tomorrow, hopefully he won't be such a nob and will go back to being my lovely calm horse. SIGH.

Spilletta

Visit site
Horses! Always know how to disrupt a plan! Good luck tomorrow, sure it will be fine - at least, assume it will be but know you'll deal with it if it's not :)

Iwantakitten

Visit site
He redeemed himself tonight. I decided to ride so took him into the school first time bitless. Technically I just attached a pair of reins to the side of a rope halter but he excelled! He was relaxed and stretchy, no teeth gnashing and fussyness. I think I will invest in a sidepull bridle!

soulfull

Visit site
He redeemed himself tonight. I decided to ride so took him into the school first time bitless. Technically I just attached a pair of reins to the side of a rope halter but he excelled! He was relaxed and stretchy, no teeth gnashing and fussyness. I think I will invest in a sidepull bridle!

That sounds hopeful then. Horses do this to us don't they, one day we are grinning the next grimacing