Ulcers gastro g

thedutchess

Visit site
Hi all :wave: need some of your advice and looking for reviews I suspect my tb has ulcers there is a relatively new product called gastro g by superflex now apparently I use this lightly as I don’t know, it’s as good as gastro guard and insurance companies pay out on it, now I’m willing to try it but would like some reviews if anyone has used it? As I’m going to try and find this myself.

Nari

Visit site
A quick look shows it to be a herbal mix of mostly common plants & no buffered omeprazole so I'd be very doubtful about it being as effective as GastroGard etc for treating existing ulcers. Just because insurance companies will pay out on it doesn't mean it will work.

If you suspect ulcers I really would recommend speaking to your vet before doing anything. Insurance companies will only pay out if a vet is prescribing/advising products anyway, and if it isn't ulcers you may be leaving a different problem untreated.

thedutchess

Visit site
Thank you for your reply he’s already had full bloods and they come back normal the scope was the next step with my vet but wanted to ask about this first as it was worth a try before we go down that route as I would have to claim as it’s so expensive. I did want to fund it myself if I could but it can run into thousands so will have to claim. It is relatively new product so thought I’d ask first.

be positive

Visit site
There is little point in using the supplement if you are insured as the clock will start ticking on the cover anyway once a vet has started investigations and ulcers are noted as a possible cause, so it makes far more sense to scope then treat while you have the option to claim and use alternatives later if you have to, funding treatment yourself does not mean you can hide it from the insurance company.