Ulrike Kirkchoff (sp) german showjumper

kayleigh_and_rocky

www.kayleigh-nicholls.piczo.com
Was watching spruce meadows on sky sports earlier in the week and saw Ulrike Kirkchoff competing.
Is anyone else as glad as me to see him riding at this level again? i was absolutely delighted to see him! He was the first rider i ever admired after watching him in the 1996 Atlanta olympics win team gold and indivdual gold on the gorgeous but tragic horse jus de pomme (who was absoultely stunning) i know after the horses death on arrival home he was put off horses for a long time, and im so glad to see him back on form!

UKa

community.webshots.com
sorry but had to say it, it is Ulrich, Ulrike is a girl's name - sorry if I am being petty, ...
smile.gif
- wish there was more riding on tv though...

SJFAN

Visit site
And the surname is Kirchhoff. The death of Jus de Pomme so soon after Atlanta was very sad - there are quite a lot of his progeny on the circuit. "Uli" has continued to compete internationally ever since - he was in the World Cup Final in 1998 and has been on a number of Nations Cup teams.

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Lucky you!! That horse was a stunner

SJFAN i didnt realise he still competed until recently, havnt seen him around. Either way i was incredibly pleased to see him i've always had a soft spot!

[/ QUOTE ]

Erm....he died in 1996....2 weeks after the Atlanta Olympics
tongue.gif

Jiffy

photobucket.com
He first caught my eye when I saw him in the warm-up arena at Dublin Horse Show last year ...& I followed him with interest for the rest of the show!
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

He looks like he has a good sense of humour and lively personality as well as being a good showjumper (& good-looking too).
laugh.gif