Umenno and Buenno.... who's got a youngster?!

Mugsgame

Visit site
As title really! Am interested in knowing more about Umenno and, more importantly, his son Buenno. I am looking for a stallion with a nice amount of bone, good limb conformation and a strong hind quarter. I am interested in coloured, but its not the be all and end all! That said, I do want to exhaust my options of British coloureds before I move on to plain for this particular mare! I am also eager for quality, regardless of colour! I am very keen on good tempraments as well, and certainly might like to keep (a filly fingers crossed!!) out of this particular TB mare.

Cheers all!
wink.gif

Mugsgame

Visit site
Now I feel bad
blush.gif
because I actually dont have any decent pics of her stood up that would be of any use to anyone!!

She is an American TB (Seattle Dancer x Arctic Tern). Lovely tempered mare, with a great length of rein and nice deep body, but this year I am looking to add a touch of bone and improve the quarters - thats the grand plan anyway
wink.gif
!!

eventrider23

Visit site
I would personally go for Sambertino if you want to possibly add colour. He is certainly proven in himself and his progeny, many of whom are successfully eventing and dressaging. He would do exactly what you ask and add some bone to the TB as well as the powerful dressage quarters.

If colour is a must then there is also always Goshka Ringo, who himself has competed dressage and who has some very very decent progeny on the ground...plus he is homozygous and so definitely a coloured.

seabiscuit

Visit site
Goshka really seems to stamp his stock really well indeed, I'm always v. impressed by his offspring and they are all without a doubt better/as good as the man himself which is a mark of a good stallion .Plus he has alredy sired a younger stallion that was champion(?) of his futurity grading for dressage and SJ ( I think) . Goshka would cross with a TB mare very nicely I am sure because he would add that substance and not loose out on the quality.
Love the Arctic Tern line :)

jomiln

www.westendfarmstud.co.uk
I have a Umenno youngster - 3 year old colt - he is not coloured but has a nice temperament -bit cheeky - amazing movement.
We are in process of breaking him in at moment with a view to grading him next spring.
bavarnno_08-2.jpg

This is him at 2 year old (before I got him)
We are hoping to aim him at dressage

volatis

www.volatis.co.uk
Ringo is in France now but you can still get semen over here. he crosses her well on a TB mare.
This is my 2009 colt out of a TB mare who has Glacial Storm on her dam's side. He is a serious mover!

I've bred 5 from Ringo and he adds bone, suspension and a stronger hindquarter.

This is a foal we bred out of a 3/4 TB mare, this was him this Spring (as a 4yo)

Mugsgame

Visit site
Some super stock here! The Umenno's certainly seem to have plenty of presence, I like that...
smile.gif
! I do also like the look of the Ringo's, Volatis - but the only one I have had dealings with was a bit(!) sharp, albeit a very good mover! Perhaps this came from the mare though? How do you find them? Do you know if it is all frozen semen in the UK?

Guess there aren't many Buenno's on the floor yet!
tongue.gif

Aviemowat - she is lovely, would be very pleased with her! I am more drawn to Buenno as a horse than Umenno, cant really explain it, just a feeling! The combination of Umenno and Edwina obviously works v. nicely indeed!

Thanks so much for all the info guys, yet more things to mull over!!!
blush.gif

classic_astra

Visit site
if im right in saying buennos first offspring are due early next year but dont quote me on that. i am really interested in using him next year on my mare...

aviemowat

Visit site
hiya, The umenno and Edwina combination cross very nicely indeed, another foal due in the spring.
I have met them all in the flesh, i would have to say Buenno is my favourite, thats why i have his full sister. He is short coupled, good bone, very nice head! Full of presence and has a leg in each corner. The other excellent thing about him is that he is homozygous so he guarantees a coloured baby!! You should go see him, you wont be able to take your eye of him, big powerfull mover!
His sister is the same she is full of presence, leg in each corner as you can see from the pics! She is so quiet, quick to learn and nothing bothers her! Buenno does have foals due this spring, if you look on the breeders website www.umenno.com then you will see the dates of the mares at the stud. Plenty other mares due to buenno too.... but who wouldnt want to use him he is Gorgeous!!!

volatis

www.volatis.co.uk
My Ringos are all super trainable. The 4yo was backed by his young owner, and wa sher first horse, and as you can see , she is small!
My 3yo filly by him out of a Trakehner mare I am just backing at the moment, and she again is superb temperament wise. She always has been, very sensible, very calm but with enough oomph to be a serious sporthorse.
Ringo himself is a gent in every sense and the owners are lovely to deal with.

nomis

Visit site
Umenno is graded, but Buenno is not, so I would tend to go for a graded stallion to give your foal more worth. Another thing worth noting - eventually progeny by ungraded stallions won’t be eligible to enter the Futurity. Umenno won’t guarantee you colour either, as he looks to have produced many solid coloured foals according to the owner’s website.

As a foal Buenno got 7 for conformation and just 6.6 for movement (so was awarded a 2nd Premium by the Scottish Sports Horse), to me that is very average scoring.

Personally I think there is such a wide selection of very nice solid coloured stallions available in the UK, why take the chance on a homozygous stallion who is not even graded that got average scores as a foal? I guess it depends on whether you see colour more important than quality.

If going for a homozygous stallion why not try Semper’s Spirit? Stock went for decent prices at the Brightwell’s sale this year, he is a graded stallion and will give you a coloured foal.

markvannunen

www.homozygous-stallion.com
Ben Wentink from Scotland AI Service purchased a new, british bred, homozygous coloured stallion for the 2010 season.
He will be offered for grading in 2010 as he is only 2 yrs old now. He is 16hh now and will end up 16.2hh. He is free from Samber and Ico lines.
Foto-WZPZZOMW.jpg

See for his pedigree here:http://www.sporthorse-data.com/db.php?i=10521045&time=1258118160

ladyt25

Visit site
Glad this horse (Umenno) is being mentioned - I happened across him a while ago and thought he was just stunning with a lovely head on him.

Jomiln I think your lad is lovely and does resemble Umenno facially I think - I like a strong head on a horse!

delphie468

Visit site
he's lovely Jo
cool.gif
Aviemowit how lucky you r to have Buenno's sister and Darquinno too!
Nomis can't believe Buenno only got 68 for movement
shocked.gif
could watch his video all day, maybe the judges didn't have their specs on
grin.gif
anyway look at Ringo sire of Amour G he was awarded two elite premiums at the BEF futurity and graded with the BWS so if the BEF won't accept progeny from non graded stallions and no one should use non graded stallions then AG would never have been born
tongue.gif

wonder

Visit site
What about Decopauge. He has stock competing well in Sweden and UK.

deco1.jpg

This is him

ottofoalbailey.jpg

This is just one of his offpsring.

competitiondiva

Visit site
I really like umenno's stock, buenno and jomlins boys being my favourites, buenno I believe got an injury when he was young, hence has not been graded??? Might be wrong there, but if the stud could see the quality in him and his temperament to keep him entire etc I think that speaks volumes. His foals that have landed all look to be of serious quality, it will be very interesting seeing how they do in the competition world. Decoupage I liked the look of but have been told that he's not done that much himself and his stock haven't fullfilled expectations really? Sempers spirit I like, and goshka ringo, the latter would cross well with a tb, he's got too much substance to use to my mare IMO.

crellow4

Visit site
I've a Belgian Warmblood mare in foal to Umeno - due mid April. I'm really looking forward to meeting my own Umeno baby, I've got everything crossed for a coloured baby as this one will be 'a keeper'. I understand that Umeno has been exported to South Africa, he is still available using frozen semen.
Goshka Ringo is a beautiful looking stallion however, as far as I'm aware, he has not been graded.

scotia2k7

www.palegallery.com
...perhaps consider Barcutan Zulu Chief, one of a very few British bred & passported homozygous coloured sport horse stallions in the world. Being completely free from the famous Samber bloodlines makes him even more interesting to use, especially if you're after a filly & wanted to breed her one day too? He;s standing in Scotland at an AI yard (which is helpful!) LOL

scotia