Unaff Dressage, C&T Champs!

telerimist

Visit site
I've started to focus my mare on dressage rather than just doing a bit of everything. I've decided to start on the unaff circuit and purchased a Chiltern & Thames Summer Dressage card last Sunday evening and went to our first dressage on Wednesday, we actually qualified in a prelim class! It was only at a little venue in Beds but where I've been off the circuit for a while can anyone recommend some nice venues? Want to get out and about to get lots of practice in!
I'm in South Beds and looking to travel up to an hour/hour and a half :)

Fuzzypuff

Visit site
Well done you! The C&T champs are good fun with some lovely prizes too. I'm guessing you are near Bedford maybe? Bury Farm EC is near Leighton Buzzard and that is lovely, lots of arenas with fab surfaces. Also the College at Keysoe, where they hold the winter C&T champs. My local is Patchetts and I love it, always runs to time, everyone is friendly, it is clean and tidy with good surfaces and has a lovely cafe! For unaff there is also Abbey Farm in Turvey which has just the most lovely indoor with excellent surface.

Sealine

Visit site
I have been to all of these venues but here are a few more suggestions.

Wing Jumping and Dressage do unaffiliated dressage. You could also try Classic Dressage near Chesham, Milton Keynes Equestrian Centre. Pyatts Farm at High Wycombe do Chiltern and Thames qualifiers.

I was at the same competition last Wednesday but won't say who I was as I'm too embarrassed :eek:

telerimist

Visit site
I have been to all of these venues but here are a few more suggestions.

Wing Jumping and Dressage do unaffiliated dressage. You could also try Classic Dressage near Chesham, Milton Keynes Equestrian Centre. Pyatts Farm at High Wycombe do Chiltern and Thames qualifiers.

I was at the same competition last Wednesday but won't say who I was as I'm too embarrassed :eek:

Ahh thank you! I did a lot as a junior but not sure what has changed!
Oh nothing to be embarrassed about! my mare was spinning all over the place due to the drilling on the new stables in our first class so that was a state lol!