Unbelievable disgusting people

Visit site
Posted previously about loan horse situation where two "owners" have refused to take him back and have been passing the buck back and forth with me piggy in the middle. Thought I was getting somewhere but contact then dropped. so sent a legal sounding letter to both a few days ago, surprise, both have contacted me. Each still passing the buck ,"A"you have to sort if out with" B,"" B "you have to sort it out with "A". This despite the fact I have said I will take him on but I need him signed over to me and his passport (thats a whole different story) The total S""Ts still arguing, even though Iv e said it will not cost them anything,! i have lost my temper and told them to get it sorted or Im going to sue the arses off both of them. Can you believe they are so focused on their argument with each other they cant do the best for the poor bloody animal. Do they think that he will just disappear in a puff of smoke, if neither will do anything. Its like an episode from Jeremy Kyle and if I wasnt so angry it could be funny. Sorry I am soooo furious Ive GOT TO SHOUT AT SOMEONE

be positive

Visit site
Are they near enough for you to call in without letting them know so you can catch them unprepared, take £1 and a written receipt, one for each, tell A that B has signed, B that A has, give them the payment and do what you have to, I have never been asked for a passport to pts so if you cannot get it but do have 2 signed receipts they will have no comeback, a passport is not proof of ownership, a signed receipt is.

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
Let it all out here...send a letter to both and get their signatures and date to say they ve signed him over to you. Tell a that b said it was ok and vice versa with b. I don’t envy you the situation.

Visit site
Nos Pas I cant sue them, it would be up to the YO to do that if he was left on the yard. But hopefully they dont know that !
B ut what the hell do they want, its like a dog in the manger attitude they dont want him back but they dont want anyone else to have him either. I want to bang their stupid heads together . N o wonder Ive drunk a half bottle of gin the past three evenings !

Leam_Carrie

Visit site
What an awful situation. Hope you manage to get it sorted. If you’re a BHS member it might be worth a call in case there’s anything their legal team can do to help.

honetpot

Visit site
I know you have probabely done this but send them both a letter that from X date that you will be no longer responsible for its care, and if they do not collected it from X date they will be paying the costs of livery.
I think telling them you will pay. sort it out, is just letting them off the hook. if they have to pay it will soon make their minds up. The YO, if they turn up puts a lien in the a livery contract if they do not pay, they can dispose of it, if they do not turn up on X day, it goes straight to abandoment notice, 14 days and they can dispose of it.
I am sorry for your troubles, some people have no morales

be positive

Visit site
what happens if you just walk away? leave them to sort out the horse ?
Unfortunately for the OP the horse is on loan to her so if the horse was left at the yard the YO could sue her for livery, not the owners because the contract will be with the OP, the so called owners have handed over responsibility to the OP in part but are now failing to keep to their side of the contract by having him back or allowing him to be pts.
I think Judge Rinder would be extremely unamused by their behaviour when the future of the horse should be the priority not petty arguments.

Reactions: DD
Visit site
Been there done that honetpot.Dont think abandonment notice is quite that straightforward.
Im awaiting developments.

Speaking of gin, I have discovered gin and elderflower tonic water. I have never drunk gin before but am quite hooked now.

Clodagh

Visit site
Have either of them got stables? If so , load him up and deliver him back, you have given notice so they can then argue without you having to listen to it.

Snitch

Visit site
Are they near enough for you to call in without letting them know so you can catch them unprepared, take £1 and a written receipt, one for each, tell A that B has signed, B that A has, give them the payment and do what you have to, I have never been asked for a passport to pts so if you cannot get it but do have 2 signed receipts they will have no comeback, a passport is not proof of ownership, a signed receipt is.
This is a straightforward answer and what I was going to suggest.

Visit site
No cant deliver to stables, they are at livery, have stated he cant go back there, and the access gate is locked when there is no one there (Ive checked) Im wondering if they think I will pay them for him, bearing in mind that he cant be ridden, is 18, and has very challenging behaviour in certain circumstances. They can jog on.

Owner A does have a grassy area outside her house though (only joking I wouldnt )

Well if anyone else has a bright idea feel free to share ! I could wait till he dies of old age I suppose, though Ill probably go first

Clodagh

Visit site
Tie him to the access gate. I would I'm afraid! Or just unload out on the road, walk him in, when someone is there, and walk out again without him. It is a ludicrous situation.

Reactions: DD

Leo Walker

Visit site
Why is this still going on? If you have given notice then all you need to do it issue an abandonment notice and then when it expires you can have him PTS. They have decreased the time needed to 96 hours now. You dont need permission, you dont need the endless back and forward. Notice given and once that expires issue an abandonment notice, then the horse becomes yours and you can do as you see fit. They have the notices on here that you can download

https://www.bhs.org.uk/advice-and-information/the-law/abandonment-and-fly-grazing

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Been there done that honetpot.Dont think abandonment notice is quite that straightforward.
Im awaiting developments.

Speaking of gin, I have discovered gin and elderflower tonic water. I have never drunk gin before but am quite hooked now.

What a horrible situation I don't blame you for being angry I would be fuming, pink gin is nice if you fancy a change;)

rowan666

Visit site
We had a similar situation many years ago when we were moving out of the area and didn't want to take loan pony with us (limited space at new place) but owner refused all contact to take him back so we managed to find a small sanctuary to take him, this was way before passports came into play etc so not sure if it would be an option for you now but maybe worth a try? If you have proof of attempted contact and they keep refusing, effectively the horse has been dumped on you so maybe a charity will take it?

Visit site
rowan66, been there done that also. He is a big horse with uncertain temperament. All avenues have been exhausted believe me .Charities are for the desperately suffering horses.
Snitch, as the livery agreement at my yard is with me can the yard owner issue an abandonment notice? I suppose if I also walked away from the yard they could. Officially but not actually, if you see what I mean. I have the loan agreement for the horse, copies of the letters I have sent to them and also texts etc. if there was any come back.

Visit site
Clodagh, trying to deliver when someone is there is very hit and miss I dont have my own transport so no one is going to make numerous trips in the hope the gate is open ? The Yard owner is not on site and wouldnt get involved Im sure.

Leo Walker

Visit site
You can issue the abandoment notice, its not technically anything. Click the link, download the relevant one and issue it now and by the middle of next week the situation is sorted.

Visit site
You can issue the abandoment notice, its not technically anything. Click the link, download the relevant one and issue it now and by the middle of next week the situation is sorted.

Sorry Leowalker I attributed your post to Snitch for some reason, was it the head scarf !

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
If your previous loan agreement was with both owners, A and B, for a fixed length of time, and this has expired, then I would expect that the owners would be jointly and severally responsible for taking back the horse.

If you then notify them both in writing to take back the horse, and neither of them does, that looks to me like they have abandoned the horse...