uneven concrete

Groom Mum

Visit site
I'm having a new shelter delivered on Monday.

It's being erected temporarily on my existing concrete area that I am going to use long term when I can move my large stable block over (its stuck in a foot of mud at moment and will be damaged if we attempt to move it) But the concrete isn't very level, although not too bad.

I have rubber matting to put down, but as the concrete isn't perfectly level im worried it will be uneven. So any ideas what I could put down first? as a base.

I have been on yards where they have literally just laid the rubber matting straight down on to the concrete. Or could I just temporarily put a load of straw/shavings straight on to the concrete? without putting my matting down as it will only be temporarily on that spot.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Unless it's extremely lumpy I expect your matting will be fine tbh
I've got EVA mats laid on very uneven flagstones at the moment and they are fine. I've filled the biggest holes with a bit of bedding, but not obsessively so, just so it's a bit smoother.
I had them laid on hardcore previously, and that wasn't perfectly smooth.If yours are heavy rubber mats then you might be even better off than me, as they do flex quite nicely :)